PDA

View Full Version : Raked Hand Definition & BRP Issues – Update

Gaming Club
12-17-2004, 06:57 AM
First and foremost, we’d like to extend our sincerest apologies to everyone affected by the issues with the BRP system and the raked hand definition change. Some technical issues were experienced and during the implementation of the new raked hand structure and linking it to the BRP system, a field which gives the new raked hand information was left out and as a result the BRP system is still updating on the old raked hand definition and in turn, paying out bonuses in the same way.

We’ve read all of your posts and messages and are well aware of the problems and completely understand that many of you have been looking forward to this new bonus and raked hand structure and have been disappointed by the hands not being tallied correctly.

Now that you know why it’s happening, here’s what we’re doing about it:

What are we doing about it?
We can assure you that we are working around the clock to fix this error and you will be informed the minute that it has been corrected.

Rest assured that all bonuses and BRP’s/raked hands due to you will be reflected on your account once the situation is resolved.

An extra sweetener as an apology from us
We’re helping ourselves to a rather large portion of humble pie for this and to show that we really are sorry for the inconvenience, we’re adding an extra 20% in complimentary cash on the value of the bonus that you earned up until the point where the problem is fixed. How it will work is that once we’ve fixed the problem, all bonuses/raked hands will be credited to you correctly. Once this is complete, we will add a comp of 20% extra cash on top of the value of your bonus cash earned.

So as a random example, if you earn 900 BRP’s and should receive $60 in bonuses, we would give you an extra 20% of the cash value of the bonus earned i.e. we’d give you an extra $12.

Another hypothetical example or way to look at it is say for instance your account is currently showing 500 BRP’s (and $20 has already been credited to your account for the first 300 points you earned), but the real number according to the new definition should actually be 900. Once we’ve fixed the problem, your account will be credited with $40 more, then we will add the 20% complimentary cash on the total amount of bonus earned, which in this case would be $12.

Once again our sincerest apologies to all everyone and thank you for the patience and understanding you’ve afforded us thus far. We’ve been hit by a mountain of PM’s and there are a fairly large number of posts we’d like to respond to individually as well, so please bear with us in receiving a response to your PM or post. We will respond with answers to your individual questions as quickly as possibly we can.

For now tho, the above should explanation should cover the bulk of the concerns.

TylerD
12-17-2004, 07:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
a field which gives the new raked hand information was left out and as a result the BRP system is still updating on the old raked hand definition and in turn, paying out bonuses in the same way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shouldn't this have been picked up in simple testing?

Gaming Club
12-17-2004, 07:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Shouldn't this have been picked up in simple testing?

[/ QUOTE ]
It was fine at first (after initial testing concluded), but to to the technical hitches encountered afterwards, it rolled back. We know that we messed up and we honestly admit to it. That said, we're fixing to the problem and will make sure that everyone affected gets the right bonuses, points, raked hands and something extra too in the form of the 20% complimentary bonus.

ctv1116
12-17-2004, 09:03 AM
So is the BRP system currently working? Like if we play now (Friday at 8 AM EST), will we get proper counting of hands, or is the software still buggy?

ripped
12-17-2004, 09:05 AM
it still is not working properly

josie_wales
12-17-2004, 09:11 AM
I would prefer to wait until "all systems are go"

Will there be an extension to the deadline after teh dust settles?

jw

TylerD
12-17-2004, 09:29 AM
BTW Is there an end date for the 1st time deposit bonus? (I know its 30 days to clear it).

elric
12-17-2004, 09:58 AM
Excellent that means I can start clearing the bonus now to give myself a chance to clear all $300.

Thanks

mcteecho
12-17-2004, 10:51 AM
Gaming Club Guy, is there also a problem with sending out verification emails for opening accounts? I've been waiting for more than 24 hours for mine, so that I can start playing. Thanks.

Rudbaeck
12-17-2004, 12:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would prefer to wait until "all systems are go"

Will there be an extension to the deadline after teh dust settles?

[/ QUOTE ]

My thought was exactly the opposite: I need to put in as many hands as possible before this is fixed... /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Gotta give TGC 2 thumbs way up. Not only did they take their bonus from being like industry worst to industry best, they also added an awesome comeback bonus to existing customers, take responsibility for their screwups and offer even more to soothe our feelings.

Heck, just the taking responsibility part makes me want to build a shrine to them next to my monitor! This is like unheard of!

Corey
12-17-2004, 02:24 PM
Newbie here, but it seems like all systems are go.

I just checked my BRP status when I woke up at it matches my PT Databse exactly. 1535 raked hands played, 4605 BRPS given.

However, only 6 ($120) of the bonuses have shown up in my account, but TGC has stated this process takes a little time.

SamJack
12-17-2004, 02:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just checked my BRP status when I woke up at it matches my PT Databse exactly. 1535 raked hands played, 4605 BRPS given.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you do this in PT? I have found raked hand information for each sessions, but not total. Do you add up the raked hand info manually?

Thanks,

SamJack

moondogg
12-17-2004, 02:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you do this in PT? I have found raked hand information for each sessions, but not total. Do you add up the raked hand info manually?

Thanks,

SamJack

[/ QUOTE ]

Game Tab->Get All.

There will be a field at the bottom of the top grid that says "TRH".

Corey
12-17-2004, 03:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Game Tab->Get All.

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems to only give the "old" (by TGC standards) definition of a raked hand. In my case it indicates only 616 raked hands of 2,142 total.

What I did was filter only TGC data through the preferences tab by selecting Prima only and filtering the dates of when I started playing there. Then the summary tab lists the relevant data (Hands, Raked, etc.)

SamJack
12-17-2004, 03:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks,

SamJack

[/ QUOTE ]

Game Tab->Get All.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank moondog.

SamJack

timer78
12-18-2004, 03:29 AM
same thing happens here. BRP points are properly displayed... but bonus is not given accordingly.

jaybird
12-18-2004, 03:37 AM
Im just about to use TGC for the first time. Is there any way to auto request HH in PT like you can for Paradise and Poker Stars?

Corey
12-18-2004, 04:02 AM
Timer, it's been over 12 hours since I noticed my BRP's were distributed correctly (1500+ raked hands, max bonus), but my bonuses were given according to the old defintion. I assume TGC distribute the rest of the bonuses in the coming days based on words from Gaming Club guy in this forum.

Regarding auto-requesting, no, the only way to do it is via the menu-->playcheck option in the TGC software. The benfit from this is your PT SUMMARY stats include your hands only and thus can be easily checked for the true amount of raked hands. PT is still calculating raked hand in the GAME NOTES tab by the old guidelines. The hand histories on playcheck are mass-updated every 30-45 minutes so if you don't see them right away, give it some time.

Corey
12-18-2004, 06:57 AM
TGC has ofically credited my account with the $300 signup bonus 24 hours, 8 minutes after I played my 1,500th raked hand after sign-up (could've been less, I just noticed). I talked to Mohammed in Customer Service he assured me once it indicated the BRP's were cashed, the bonuses would appear within "a day". They used all 24 hours, but it is at my disposal.

TGC offered incredible support on the phone and in this forum and I commend them! Now the cashout adventure begins...