PDA

View Full Version : Series of 5-10 Hands from tonight

JrJordan
12-17-2004, 06:30 AM
I know I promised I wouldn't do these multiple hand posts again, but I think it's only fair to get my quota of hands before I drop back down to the 1-2 6-max games. Comments on any or all hands are appreciated.

Hand 1: Do I call down after the villain bets into me again on the turn?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (18 SB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, UTG folds, MP calls.

Turn: (12 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls, SB folds.

River: (14 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 16 BB

Hand 2: Again, turn aggression kicks in but with a preflop 3-better. Call down with TP3K?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls. Small note that villain only has $6 left on the river, shouldn't make a big difference odds wise.

Flop: (6.40 SB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (4.20 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.20 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $6 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.40 BB

Hand 3: Take the free card on the turn? Call the river when the K hits?

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.20 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.20 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.20 BB

Hand 4: Another tricky turn (hmmm, I'm starting to see a pattern here), call down?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

River: (8.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

Hand 5: In general, how's this line vs. flop aggression? Is there a value bet on the river here or should I check?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, MP calls, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (5 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (7 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 9 BB

I'll post results and my comments on specific hands after a few responses. Thanks.

JrJordan

helpmeout
12-17-2004, 06:52 AM
If you are going to play 5/10 without making reads then you are wasting your time.

All these situations depend on your opponent.

imitation
12-17-2004, 07:28 AM
I learnt a valuable lesson last month, I decided that I was going to crush 5/10 4 tabling because clearly if I could do that to 1/2 at party and 2/4 at stars it would be easy. After dropping 200BB I realised something was a miss. This month i've 2 tabled and in my only small sample so far I am doing much much better, but more so than that I actually feel like I know what to do in most situations because I have strong reads on most of the table usually.

I strongly agree with helpmeout this game is simply too read dependant for us less competent players to give answers with much strong conviction.

That being said I sat with you at a table for a few orbits tonight I noticed nothing out of the ordinary to make notes, you raised every hand you came in with (7/19) and didn't take 1 to showdown, I'm going to guess nothing hit you. I remember thinking you were pretty a-typical postflop agr with preflop but that was more of a generalisation.

imitation
12-17-2004, 07:47 AM
I just wanted to post a hand as illustration of read specific play at 5/10 which becomes alot easier.

I actually just found this hand reviewing through PT right now at first I was horrified and thought it was bad then I checked my notes and found out the flop CRer was a total maniac and had CR-3bet the flop with J-high earlier in the session and similarly that the my read on the player inbetween was that they'd often take one of one the flop and fold to further agro.

I still don't know if my line was perfect but I'd say the notes go along way to explaining what otherwise would be fairly strange play.

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. MP posts a blind of $5.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, MP (poster) calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

River: (9.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB
<font color="#009B00">Main Pot: 9.50 BB, between Hero and UTG.</font> &gt; <font color="#FFFFFF">Pot won by Hero (9.50 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
UTG has 9d 8s (high card, ace).
Hero has Ks Jd (high card, ace).
Outcome: Hero wins 9.50 BB. </font>