PDA

View Full Version : FH ticket? No thanks. Tilt ensues...(not much content. Fun story)

bernie
12-17-2004, 04:28 AM
At mucks they have FH drawings 3 days a week. You need Ts full to qualify, then your name goes in a barrel for the month. It's a great promotion. Drawings start at $100 and have gone as high as 4K before.

Anyways, earlier in this session i showed my quads for a quad ticket drawing that happens on sunday. I also showed down a FH for a ticket. So it looked like I was showing.

Mucks 10-20. Great game.

I raise a limper or 2 from LP, BB comes along

Flop x T Jr

I bet, only BB calls

Turn T

Check, bet, call

River T

Check, i bet, BB shows everyone his 88 and folds. I toss my cards to the dealer face down. She expectantly asks if I need a FH ticket leaving my hand there a moment. (you have to show to qualify) I just shake my head and say no. 'You sure? No FH ticket?' she asks again. 'Nope.' I say snagging some chips.

The BB is now mouth agape. A conversation ensues on his side of the table for a bit. Finally, perturbed, he just says, '...it was still a good fold anyways!!!' He goes into a little pouty shell.

A few orbits later, his Big Blind was being jacked around quite a bit. Nothing personal, he just happened to be there when someone got a good hand.

Im in CO and open. Folded to his BB. He mentions to the guy next to him how he's sick of this sh*t and 3 bets with much gorilla dust, i cap.

Flop 4 9 9r

He bets, i raise, he 3 bets (Im sure just more gorilla dust, but im seeing the showdown now), i call.

Turn 7

He bets defiantly, i call.

River T

He bets, i call asking him if he caught the river.

He has T6o, which beats my A6s.

Don't show your cards if you really don't have to. Especially when it could put some doubt in their minds.

b