PDA

View Full Version : I almost played good

turnipmonster
12-17-2004, 02:05 AM
I almost folded to the river raise, but had a moment of weakness and called. who folds to the river raise?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, MP folds, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.20 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (5.20 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.20 BB

Danenania
12-17-2004, 02:39 AM
I would need quite a good read. I see lone pairs or busted draws make plays like this often thinking they can push you off something better. Plus I would expect a lot of players to raise the flop with an OESD.

Alobar
12-17-2004, 02:47 AM
I'm calling the river here as well, I'd need a solid read before I laid it down

muzungu
12-17-2004, 04:29 AM
turnip-

I dunno if this is good or not, but at these stakes I pretty much make it a rule not to value bet the river and then fold to a raise. Too many crazy moves at these stakes to do that, IMO. However, I think a lot of the time he has either a made straight, a busted flush draw, or some sort of 2 pair, so I might chicken out and check behind on the river. I dunno if this is the best way to balance my game (I probably miss a few river bets and pay off when i don't need to), but its what I do for now.

Here I probably check behind, and if I was tempted to bet, I probably pay off. But this is probably irrational, as I doubt you are winning 1 time in 9.

-muz

bunky9590
12-17-2004, 08:45 AM
FWIW, I actually call there. I may wuss out and check behind, though I probably bet it as well.

imitation
12-17-2004, 08:47 AM
Bleh edited now I looke stupid /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

wheelz
12-17-2004, 08:48 AM
I also missed the edit...

I play it the same.

Turning Stone Pro
12-17-2004, 12:22 PM
Then betting the river is horrible.

TSP

Danenania
12-17-2004, 01:24 PM
Guys betting the river here is critical no matter what. You will be called by any pair in this game and you can't pass up on that money. Whether to call a raise or not is a totally different decision depending on different factors but you can't miss a value bet like this one. As a wise man once said, "Grow a pair."

turnipmonster
12-17-2004, 03:11 PM
I think betting the river is clearly the right play, I will get called my all sorts of hands I beat. however, this is one of those situations where I think it's very hard for him to raise me without the nuts. my line of thinking may be horrible, but I'd like to hear why.

--turnipmonster

Alobar
12-17-2004, 04:01 PM
pure un adulterated bluff. It's a great scare card.

Popinjay
12-17-2004, 05:06 PM
If you make this fold, you can only do it this once against the players at the table, and you must hope other people don't hear about this kind of laydown.

Easy E
12-17-2004, 05:54 PM
Is there a protocol for posting results for these converted hands? It seems as if they are rarely added (in my brief recent review of some posts).

Is it generally not important (i know, results-oriented) and therefore as a practice no one posts results?

turnipmonster
12-17-2004, 06:17 PM
usually we post the results afterwards, unless we forget to do it. in this case my opponent had two pair and took it down.

Chizoad
12-17-2004, 08:10 PM
Sure you're gonna lose here often. The question's if the players you're against are bright enough to see that you'll lay down your hand to river aggression. In other words, don't do it more than once.

I see people raise here with all sorts of hands, especially if you're very aggressive and will fire the whole way. Why not let a guy commit himself the whole way, then raise with A9 or something.