PDA

View Full Version : Ragged company... an important question.

nothumb
12-17-2004, 02:01 AM
So, I recently had a friend of mine tell me that he prefers the Rolling Stones version of "Dead Flowers" to the Townes Van Zandt one. I punched him in the stomach. And not in a joking way, he said he almost threw up.

eric5148
12-17-2004, 02:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I punched him in the stomach. And not in a joking way, he said he almost threw up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm too afraid to answer.

fsuplayer
12-17-2004, 02:16 AM
hell, im glad i havent heard both versions.

nothumb
12-17-2004, 02:25 AM
Why's that?

Anyway, I obviously think the TVZ version is better. It's funny because the Stones wrote the song, but hearing Jagger trying to put on a Texas accent is just brutal to me, and I like the slower tempo, stripped down version TVZ did. It's a really great cover, to the point that, if you heard it first, you'd probably think he wrote it and the Stones did a decent cover of it (for an English band playing a country song).

BTW I am a huge Stones fan, I just think their version of the song is inferior...

NT

nothumb
12-17-2004, 02:27 AM
BTW, for those that haven't heard it or can't place it, the Townes Van Zandt version is the one that was playing in the bowling alley at the end of "The Big Lebowski."

NT

fsuplayer
12-17-2004, 04:23 AM
Why's that

I punched him in the stomach. And not in a joking way, he said he almost threw up.

just messin around.