PDA

View Full Version : Big Blind special - How would you play it?

floppy
12-17-2004, 01:52 AM
Here's the situation (Paradise $10+1):

I have ~850 in the BB, blinds 15/30:

1 limper in MP (~450)
SB completes (~1500)
I check (6T offsuit)

Flop:
663 rainbow

SB checks
I check
MP All in (420)
SB calls
I call

Turn:
663J rainbow

SB checks

What do you do?

What I did, and result, below:
<font color="white"> I bet 250, SB raises to 500, I call (all in).

I figure it out just as he reveals: 63 for the boat.</font>

pshreck
12-17-2004, 03:19 AM
And the point of this post is?

floppy
12-17-2004, 03:28 AM
Should I have gotten away from the hand after SB called the All in?

pshreck
12-17-2004, 03:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Should I have gotten away from the hand after SB called the All in?

[/ QUOTE ]

In a 10+1, never. I think the SB calls this all in with any pocket pair above 3. I think he calls it with a 3. I think he calls it sometimes with worse holdings. Even if he has a 6, he has a random other card with it, which might be lower than the 10 anyways (and ofcourse hes not folding to the push whether he has 6 2 or 6 A).

lorinda
12-17-2004, 03:42 AM
I play it like you did.

It comes over as a bad beat story at first, but on closer inspection it as actually a reasonable question with such a non threatning board.

At the end of the day, you have a high kicker, several outs and are likely in front even without the kicker.

On further review, the same holds if you have 62 here as the high cards would often save you against another 6x hand.

There are games where you could fold this, of that I'm sure, but a $10 SNG against nutcases is not one of them.

Lori

floppy
12-17-2004, 11:38 AM
I'm sure that you and Lorinda are right, but there's one more question I have &lt;/Columbo&gt;: If he had something like an overpair, why wouldn't he raise all in to shut me out? He's not going to release if he calls and I raise all in for my last 400, but he'll probably shut me out if he raises first.

lucas9000
12-17-2004, 12:07 PM
i would have pushed the flop. i'd have to think my hand was good here (the only hands i'm afraid of are 33, 63, and any bigger 6, but there's only one remaining 6 in the deck so i wouldn't realistically fear someone else having a 6, for better or worse), and with sb's willingness to call the other all-in, i'd push for value.

i'd put the short stack on an overpair, in the range of 77-tt. the problem is the sb. it wouldn't be until later that i'd think "wait a second, what could sb possibly be callign that all-in with...and his call is scarier than if he'd raised to shut me out." but hey, you've got to gamble that he doesn't have a 6 or has a weaker 6...maybe 56 or 67. given your stack size (pretty short), there's probably no way you're getting away from this one.