PDA

View Full Version : what would u do here deep in tourney

elfleader
12-17-2004, 01:49 AM
deep in a tourney near the bubble i come upon KK. 3 ppl limp the small blind, button, and one off button...i have 8k in chips with blinds at 400/800...would u go all in here putting the pressure on or min raise here or make a medium raise...or just check

ThrillFactor
12-17-2004, 02:00 AM
There's 3200 in the pot when the action reaches you. Easy push in my book. You're in a win/win situation. If all fold, you've increased your stack by 40%. If you're lucky, someone with an ace will think that you're trying to steal and give you a chance to more than double-up.

elfleader
12-17-2004, 02:04 AM
thats what i tohught..i ended up raising it to 4k and everyone folded...

ThrillFactor
12-17-2004, 03:03 AM
Good enough. To give 3 opponents a cheap flop here (with the hopes of trapping one or more of them) could be disasterous(sp.)

nh

did you money?

partygirluk
12-17-2004, 03:21 AM
Push.

DyessMan89
12-17-2004, 09:36 PM
Very easy push here.

3000+ in the pot ... so you're going to benefit feven if they all fold.

You're move also is disguised as a possible steal attempt being in your position with 3 limpers before you. Solid players might put you on a steal and call you with a bare ace, low PP or KQ.

DemonDeac Holding Rockets
12-18-2004, 03:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Very easy push here.

3000+ in the pot ... so you're going to benefit feven if they all fold.

You're move also is disguised as a possible steal attempt being in your position with 3 limpers before you. Solid players might put you on a steal and call you with a bare ace, low PP or KQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

ditto

kalooki45
12-18-2004, 10:55 AM
depending on the size of the other stacks, i make a huge raise which leaves me enough to survive on if it turns out badly--say 6k.
weak hands fold just as fast i think. a rag ace hitting the flop is yr only concern. if its an aceless flop, i push the rest in there.
**note newbie here, so don't put much stock in it! /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Paul2432
12-18-2004, 12:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
depending on the size of the other stacks, i make a huge raise which leaves me enough to survive on if it turns out badly--say 6k.
weak hands fold just as fast i think. a rag ace hitting the flop is yr only concern. if its an aceless flop, i push the rest in there.
**note newbie here, so don't put much stock in it! /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Raising to 6K with the intention of check-folding if the flop contains an ace is not a good idea. Many opponents will bet without an ace if checked to.

Furthermore, you want to get chips in with a big edge, and you will not likely have a better opportunity than before the flop.

Paul