PDA

View Full Version : QQ in bubble

Mr_J
12-17-2004, 01:33 AM
I felt this was the move to make at the time, just wondering if anyone here would do it differently:

5 players left, blinds are 150-300. I'm in the BB and get dealt QQ.
Seat 4: UTG ( $1150 )
Seat 5: MP ( $2375 )
Seat 6: Button ( $905 )
Seat 7: SB ( $1690 )
Seat 8: BB ( $1880 )

UTG goes all-in.
MP folds.
Button folds.
SB goes all-in.
I call.

Flop, turn & river:
9K63A.

SB shows KT,
UTG shows A9.

These guys have been playing LAG lately (one has been all game). I felt I had the best hand, and if I won I'd be in a great position to get 1st, and guaranteed a placing.

Only way to play it differently is to fold. Fold and I'm still at risk of going out of the tournie OTM.

I feel strongly that it was the right move, I'd just to be sure. I wouldn't question this if I'd won.

bigredlemon
12-17-2004, 03:13 AM
Presuming you're not in the pot, the end result is that one player is gone and the other is a big stack. You'll have a harder time stealing blinds with big stacks in front of you. With two all ins ahead of you, best case scenario is 50/50 for you to win it. If you do win, you'll be the far in the lead to take top prize. You got to make your coin flips somewhere.

pindawg
12-17-2004, 03:28 AM
KK in a multiway pot = push
AA in a multiway pot = push
QQ in a multiway pot, on the bubble = muck

Mr_J
12-17-2004, 03:39 AM
I did feel much better about it after I analyzed it some more (ie typing the post). I guess you do all of this analyzing subconciously anyway. Normally I'd analyze the situation a bit more, but I was multitabling and went with my feeling of the situation.

assron
12-17-2004, 04:15 AM
so you make the fold, you pat yourself on the back for the laydown, then what? you let a player with an inferior hand take a commanding chip lead, and it's an uphill battle. it's not a full table, so you're probably not up against aces or kings.

One player may have AK, which is the only hand that's of any real concern. You have AQ dominated, you're a big favorite to AJ and AT, or any ace really. You crush any small pair that players love to shove on the bubble. And there's a good chance that they're sharing an ace and have two real outs between the two of them. I'm sacking up and shoving this QQ, maybe even if I know the other players are tight -- play to win.

Mr_J
12-17-2004, 04:51 AM
Why? (just looking to learn).

I'm a coinflip vs anything but AA & KK? A coinflip or better to triple my stack. Triple my stack and I'll probally win it.

ChrisV
12-17-2004, 05:24 AM
No way. UTG is stealing here with just about anything. SB knows this and could have a pretty dubious hand. Easy call.

stripsqueez
12-17-2004, 05:53 AM
auto call

if UTG wins and you come 2nd your still in good shape coming 3rd of 4 - if you win your a big favourite for 1st

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

tigerite
12-17-2004, 06:23 AM
You're letting the results tell you that you made the wrong call, when you didn't. You have the 3rd best hand preflop, it's not even close tbh..

adanthar
12-17-2004, 11:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
KK in a multiway pot = push
AA in a multiway pot = push
QQ in a multiway pot, on the bubble = call/push

[/ QUOTE ]

I fixed your post for you.

bigredlemon
12-17-2004, 11:33 AM
Yea...
5% chance you're huge dog