PDA

View Full Version : Folded the nut flush for one bet

BigBaitsim (milo)
12-17-2004, 01:10 AM
Table is playing laggy. Nothing specific on the two other players in this hand.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, Hero calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls, SB folds, BB folds.

Turn: (4 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls, UTG calls.

River: (10 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero folds.

Absolutely, positively no way I'm good here 10% of the time, right?
Final Pot: 12 BB

Harv72b
12-17-2004, 01:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

To pick a nit, you only have to be good about 8.5% of the time, but hoping that two opponents have neither a Q, J, 3, or pocket pair is a reach, especially with the way the hand played out.

That said, I seriously doubt that I have the discipline to fold here for one bet.

Chairman Wood
12-17-2004, 01:20 AM
You might if it was just you calling MP3's bet. But you are no good even 1 in 12 times if UTG is calling that bet in front of you.

chesspain
12-17-2004, 01:22 AM
Looks like a good fold. Even if MP3 is full of sh$t on the river, I doubt UTG+1 is calling without a pair of something, especially after he bet the flop/turn.

bakku
12-17-2004, 01:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

To pick a nit, you only have to be good about 8.5% of the time, but hoping that two opponents have neither a Q, J, 3, or pocket pair is a reach, especially with the way the hand played out.

That said, I seriously doubt that I have the discipline to fold here for one bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Overcalling on this river is seriously throwing money away.

uw_madtown
12-17-2004, 01:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, Hero calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls, SB folds, BB folds.

Turn: (4 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls, UTG calls.

River: (10 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero folds.

[/ QUOTE ]

With UTG calling, folding is just fine. If it were headsup, I think you have to make the crying call.

Why didn't you raise the flop?

Harv72b
12-17-2004, 01:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Overcalling on this river is seriously throwing money away.

[/ QUOTE ]

9 times out of 10, guilty as charged. It's one of those things I need to work on still.

bdk3clash
12-17-2004, 01:29 AM
I am the king (queen?) of calling down like a bizzle, and even I fold this river.

BigBaitsim (milo)
12-17-2004, 01:32 AM
MP3 had K high, UTG had A-high. Beginning to question my judgment a bit this month. Thanks for the feedback.

&lt;-------- See why?

BigBaitsim (milo)
12-17-2004, 01:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

With UTG calling, folding is just fine. If it were headsup, I think you have to make the crying call.

Why didn't you raise the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

After this hand I unchecked the little post blind buttons to start shutting down for the night. My failure to raise the flop was a sign I was tilting a bit. I've taken a lot of beats lately. They are the kind that mean you are at a good table (players sucking out with runner-runner to a gutshot to beat my set and the like), but I was playing timidly. This was the second time I folded a winner for one bet in 10 minutes. Both were good folds, but clearly it's time for a little break.

Chairman Wood
12-17-2004, 01:53 AM
Milo I think what just happened, happens about 1 in 30 times (guess I know), but nonetheless still happens which doesn't make your call a profitable one here. Your fold was a good one. By the way $0.49/hour for december, at least you're in the +. I am @ -0.16/hour for december and am experiencing a lot of the same problems that signify that you're at a good table. I also can't seem to win a big pot I'm involved in for the life of me. I'm hoping after exams are over, I can concentrate on poker for a couple of weeks and start anew. GOOD FOLD!

chesspain
12-17-2004, 01:55 AM
Milo,

Your fold, good; their play, bad.

Now go hit the blots!

Danenania
12-17-2004, 02:34 AM
I like calling on the flop. The pot is small and there are 3 players behind you whose overcalls you want.

uw_madtown
12-17-2004, 02:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I like calling on the flop. The pot is small and there are 3 players behind you whose overcalls you want.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, I guess. I like the free-card play a lot though.

phy1234
12-17-2004, 05:30 AM
I think you played the hand right. I was just wondering if everyone limps with this preflop with only 1 other limper in MP1. I have been having problems with my Axs. I just want to make sure that the limp is correct. Thanks

Phy1234