PDA

View Full Version : All in decision

zogkiller
12-16-2004, 10:43 PM
I was in a single table tourney, and made a move that a troglodytic friend of mine thinks was an error... of course, I disagree, but, am curious as to the opions of the assemblage.

I'm 2 off the button and am the short stack on the table early on with 390 chips...it's folded around to me, i have AK suited, and make it 165 to go. All fold except the small blind who raises me all in. I figure only 2 hands crush me, AA or KK, otherwise, I've a decent shot... if I fold, I'm horrendously chip-crippled, so I call (also, this is on PP, where people make all sorts of horrendous moves). I call, and, as it turns out, he has bullets, I lose. I still think I made the right call, but, my friend, who runs in terror at the sight of a bunny rabbit says it was incorrect to call. What thinketh those here?

Big Limpin'
12-16-2004, 10:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
troglodytic

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me check my dictionary...

[ QUOTE ]
i have AK suited

[/ QUOTE ]

...and you are shortstacked? anything other than a push is criminal

willperkins
12-16-2004, 10:57 PM
You didn't say what the blinds were, but you bet t165 which is 42% of your stack. If you are going to bet that much: push it all in there.

e_fermat
12-16-2004, 11:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if I fold, I'm horrendously chip-crippled

[/ QUOTE ]

As willperkins pointed out why would you even consider anything other than push. You just said yourself that you would be crippled if you folded so the decision was already made for you regardless re-raises or what the flop looks like. Also, how could you be short stacked early on unless it was some ridiculous beat with a premium hand?