PDA

View Full Version : Clearing the UB bonus on 1/2 tables.

pshreck
12-16-2004, 09:38 PM
Hi...

I was taking a break from poker for a few weeks during the holidays, but still wanted to get in on the UB bonus.

Now, I never play UB, so this is why I am asking.

How long will it take me to clear 100 bucks, 4 tabling 1/2?

It seems like ... forever. I am up like 11 bucks in an hour and have cleared close to nothing. I am ready to just cash out and forfeit the bonus, because this clearing sucks.

guppy
12-16-2004, 09:53 PM
Can you play heads-up or shorthanded?

You will clear bonuses twice as fast if you sit down as one of the first two players at a table.

Of course, if you lose $30 playing 2-3 handed before the table fills up because you're not used to playing shorthanded, this won't help you much.

Without the double points, you will get 0.25 points for $5 pots, and 0.5 points for $10 pots, 0 points for smaller pots or hands with no flop. Each point is worth $0.10 in bonus money. Depending on how tight your game is, you might average 0.3 points per hand, maybe more or less, which would mean you need to play about 30 hands to clear $1 in bonus money.

I have over $800 in bonus money sitting in my account right now.

Photoc
12-16-2004, 09:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How long will it take me to clear 100 bucks, 4 tabling 1/2?

[/ QUOTE ]

That will not happen. They only alllow 3 tables at once from what I've read on here. But you can clear it pretty quickly by the sounds of it. I think you get double points or something if you're one of the first 2 to start up a table.

grouchie
12-16-2004, 10:03 PM
I'd be curious to see at what level you need to play in order for clearing the UB bonus to be actually worthwhile.

i've got over $100 in bonus bucks in my account now, but I haven't played there in awhile. Thought about doing the redeposit to get another $100, but remembered that the bonus acted as a very slow rake rebate for the most part.

pshreck
12-16-2004, 10:09 PM
Cashed out.

I play SNG's full time, but I can easily beat the .5/1 or 1/2 tables, so when good bonuses come out I mindlessly 4 table while watching DVD's to pick up extra cash. I don't even look at it as work.

However, this UB clearing systems basically feels like I am just playing rake free. I couldnt figure out why 4 tables wouldnt open, thanks for letting me know. Through 90 minutes of 3 tabling 1/2 I cleared about 4 dollars... So I cashed out my deposit and am sorry to have given them the business.

richie
12-17-2004, 01:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd be curious to see at what level you need to play in order for clearing the UB bonus to be actually worthwhile.

i've got over $100 in bonus bucks in my account now, but I haven't played there in awhile. Thought about doing the redeposit to get another $100, but remembered that the bonus acted as a very slow rake rebate for the most part.

[/ QUOTE ]

A very very slow rake rebate is exactly what it is. At very tight tables. Everytime I attempt these bonuses, I curse at myself, knowing full well that it is -EV for me when I could be playing elsewhere. Damn near impossible at any limit lower than 2-4 /images/graemlins/frown.gif

playersare
12-17-2004, 02:10 AM
you usually can make slightly more than one BB per hour per table in bonus playing low limit. So expect about 30 UB points ($3 bonus) per hour*table for $1/2, and 50pts/$5 at $2/4, etc etc

bonus clearing is somewhat tolerable at the $2/4 level (though I heard the rake structure isn't as good as $1/2) and multitabling definitely helps though I believe the max is 3 at a time. but UB is probably the slowest bonus earning site except for the granddaddy of them all, Pacific Poker.

I like playing UB because the gameplay itself is fast and fluid, though this is probably offset by the tight players. generally speaking, I don't bother clearing the UB bonuses until I am already done for the month at all the other poker sites.

Photoc
12-17-2004, 03:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
but UB is probably the slowest bonus earning site except for the granddaddy of them all, Pacific Poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would assume you've never played at Full Tilt. Oh wait, you said bonus clearing , I forgot, at FT you really have much of a chance to clear it. You just get to watch them take it away from you after 3 months of playing and not clearing, lol.

playersare
12-17-2004, 03:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would assume you've never played at Full Tilt.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh snap I forgot about full tilt...actually, I needed a lobotomy to rid my memories of that dungeon of feces.

ah here we are:
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=inet&Number=1374577

MrDannimal
12-17-2004, 01:21 PM
My suggestion is to 3-table the 1/2 Kill games. The kill makes it more likely that a pot is max-raked, which gives 1 UB Point (the most you can get from any single hand at any limit).

Doing this last night, in 3 hours (well, 3.5 hours of table time, but I sat out about 30 minutes over that time to help my brother learn BJ Switch) I gained about 300 UB Points, clearing $30 of bonus.

So 3-tabling net me $10/hr.

I've posted the calculations a couple of times before that show that at 1/2, you're effectively playing rake-free if you play 10-seat games without sitting 1st or 2nd. At 2/4 and above you're not earning the bonus fast enough to cover the rake, and at .5/1 you don't get the full 1 point often enough to keep you from losing your mind.

If you have any kind of short-handed skill, you'll do much better if you sit 1st or 2nd at a 6-handed table, and double your points. You might need to play 2/4 for this, because with only 6 players you're likely to see less pots get rake-capped, so you won't get as many 1 point hands at 1/2.

A rough estimate, assuming the same number of 1-point hands at 1/2 if you sit 1st or 2nd at a 6-handed table would be $25/hr ($20 = 2x $10, the rate at 1/2 - 10 seat + 25% for the extra hands/hr at 6-seat tables).

SomethingClever
12-17-2004, 01:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My suggestion is to 3-table the 1/2 Kill games. The kill makes it more likely that a pot is max-raked, which gives 1 UB Point (the most you can get from any single hand at any limit).

[/ QUOTE ]

I did this with their Thanksgiving reload, ran horribly, lost the whole bonus + 13 BB /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Rudbaeck
12-17-2004, 01:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I did this with their Thanksgiving reload, ran horribly, lost the whole bonus + 13 BB /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I always lose at UB. I view it as a personal curse.

Photoc
12-17-2004, 04:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
but I sat out about 30 minutes over that time to help my brother learn BJ Switch) I gained about 300 UB Points, clearing $30 of bonus.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guys, don't misread this. You can't earn points by sitting out. By the way, after 10-15 minutes they give remove you from the tables now. I found that out the hard way when I cooked dinner and all 3 of my tables were closed and it had only been 15 minutes.