PDA

View Full Version : A very interesting no limit hand!

08-24-2002, 05:33 AM
Hi guys,

I just want to share with you a hand i witnessed the other day while watching a $1100 buy in tournament. The game is no limit holdem and the blinds are 50-100.

I just started watching the table and obviously have no reads on any of the players.

UTG limps, folded to MP who also limps then folded around to BB who makes a standard raise to T350. UTG limp reraises to T1600. MP mucks.

Now at this point i think that UTG either has AA, KK or AK. I dont think he would limp reraise with any other hand, but then again i could be wrong.

BB immediately reraises to roughly T3000.

UTG has a stack size of about T7500 and BB has him covered. UTG immediately calls.

Flop: AcKsJs

BB moves all in. UTG thinks for the allowed time then mucks his hand face up. What do you think both the players are holding? and

What do you think of the way UTG as well as BB played their hands?

-Thanks for all Comments

Please Scroll to the Bottom of page for results.

UTG mucked KK (middle set) face up.

BB never showed his hand.

08-24-2002, 08:15 AM
> BB who makes a standard raise to T350

This is not a standard raise, but an underbet as a pot size raise would have been to T450.

> BB immediately reraises to roughly T3000

After BB's underbet, a minimum reraise here can only mean a trap. UTG has to decide if his KK are good or not and either move in or muck. If the BB is a good player, then I would opt for the latter (I know that this is easier said than done and I'm not sure if I could bring myself to laydown in the heat of the battle).

> Flop: AcKsJs BB moves all in. UTG [...] mucks

terrible play. If he feels so confident that the BB has aces even after the flop reduced the number of possible combinations from 6 to 3, then he never should have called BB's 2nd reraise.

The BB made a perfect trap play, including moving in on the flop - he just couldn't assume that UTG would suddenly muck AK or KK with 2/5 of his stack already in but there is still a remote possibility to be against QQ, so he cannot give a free card.

cu

Ignatius