PDA

View Full Version : Slowplayed to perfection!

LSUfan1
12-16-2004, 07:09 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, Hero calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: (3.50 SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.75 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls.

River: (7.75 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 9.75 BB

OK! Who's first with the I told you so? Q6 against!

Man I'm good.

Sundevils21
12-16-2004, 07:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Man I'm good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? /images/graemlins/confused.gif
because you butchered the hand and ended up winning?
raise before the flop
3bet the flop to see where you are
turn check raise confuses me
I like the river

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
12-16-2004, 07:22 PM
Looks good when it's heads up to the turn. I'd 3-bet the flop if BB hadn't droppped.

EDIT: Oh wow, hey. Raise preflop, you schmool.

LSUfan1
12-16-2004, 07:23 PM
The "man I'm good" is sarcasm. I slowplayed for no apparant reason and lost to Q6.

Just berating myself and giving others the chance to do the same.

Hopefully if enough people tell me how stupid I was it will finally stick!

SomethingClever
12-16-2004, 07:28 PM
Slowplaying after the flop is one thing*.

Not raising your aces preflop is another, far suckier thing.

*It totally blows, too, but I'm trying to make a point.

runa
12-16-2004, 08:35 PM
Were they soooted? I guess that's why you raise preflop. Hmmm.

Raise preflop, 3-bet the flop, etc, etc...

Oh yeah...you schmo.

djoyce003
12-16-2004, 08:37 PM
horrible not raising before the flop. However, if the idiot that beat you limped with Q6, especially Q6 suited, he was probably calling a raise anyway because he's a moron. The ONLY time I might not raise AA preflop is if it's already been raised by someone and I basically close the action with only 1 or two other players. In that case, I want to use my late position to pop a turn re-raise on them to try to maximize my value somewhat. Even then, it's probably not a good idea and I only do it when I know the guy is going to bet at me no matter what....it's highly read dependent. I also will do this sometimes with AK or KK as well...not wanting to give away my strength preflop.

ErrantNight
12-16-2004, 09:40 PM
if it's been raised to you preflop and you're closing the action... why aren't you 3-betting to get everyone for another bet?