PDA

View Full Version : Tim Hudson traded

DonWaade
12-16-2004, 06:39 PM
To the freakin Braves.

At least he is out of the AL West

mmbt0ne
12-16-2004, 06:49 PM
[censored]!!! Why did we give up Charles Thomas for Hudson. No offense to Hudson, but Thomas looks like he's gonna be a stud.

Boris
12-16-2004, 06:53 PM
Are you out of your friggin mind? You think it was wrong to give up Charles Thomas for Hudson? Look at Hudson's lifetime record and then add 20 wins (minimum) for all the times he got a no decision after the bullpen blew it for him. The only bad part of the deal is that the Braves might not be able to resign Hudson after he has a monster 2005 season. Billy Beane is an idiot for doing this trade.

Boris
12-16-2004, 06:55 PM
That I now owe Nolanfan $10. That really chaps my ass.

mmbt0ne
12-16-2004, 07:00 PM
We keep dumping our farm system into players that we keep for 1, maybe 2 years and then let go when they become free agents. Sheffield, Ortiz, Drew, Byrd, the list is getting stupid long. Yeah, we needed a first rate starter, and Hudson is one, no doubt about it, but this is just another step down the road of ruining the Braves. They're putting everything they can into staying in the playoffs, but they won't go the extra step to put themselves in contention for the World Series, and they're ruining any long term hopes while they're at it.

nolanfan34
12-18-2004, 10:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That I now owe Nolanfan $10. That really chaps my ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bumpage. I've been out of town and had to dig 13 frickin pages to find this.

Honestly, Boris, I did feel positive that Hudson would get traded, hence the bet. But I did think that Beane would have gotten some more established players for him. Couple this with the Mulder trade, and I'm not sure exactly what he's up to.

Think Eric Chavez isn't f'in pissed right now about signing his extension?

CCx
12-19-2004, 11:02 AM
as soon as i found out the phillies could have had him for any two of the following (utley/hamels/floyd/madsen), i nearly crapped my pants - just goes to show that the phillies and ed wade in particular have no freaking clue what they're doing, and they let him get to a contender....so let's recap, ED: braves get hudson, mets get pedro, we get....jon lieber? <cough> when you have the chance to get a legitimate ace (something this team hasnt had in 15 years), you go get him - hamels will never sniff the major leagues and while utley is good, hudson is 28, has 90 wins, best winning percentage in the majors, ugggghhhh

sorry just venting, and glad i tore up my season ticket renewal this year /images/graemlins/mad.gif