PDA

View Full Version : Two (2) JTs hands....how'd I do?

MHarris
12-16-2004, 06:08 PM
This hand seems to get me in a bunch of trouble sometimes.

Hand 1: BB is loose-passive.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (5 SB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.
Anyone let it go here?

River: (6.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB

Hand 2: SB is slightly loose preflop but plays decently postflop. BB is loose passive.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (4 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>.....
I was just going to take the free card, but this seemed like too good of a scare card to pass up taking a stab at the pot right here.

Comments?

MHarris
12-16-2004, 06:42 PM
bump

kendal14
12-16-2004, 06:42 PM
Hand 1: Letting go of the hand on the turn may be a possibility as the SB is passive so it looks like a Ax as he found the courage to bet into you after your pfr and after the flop raise. The pot is not that big and I could fold here and sleep soundly at night. Also, I think you definitely fold the river. His 3 bet on the river makes me guess he had Ax(c) and made is flush on the river. And again, I can fold this knowing a high % of the time I am behind.

Hand 2:
I do the same. I think scare card could win you the pot right there. If raised, I would call and hope to get my flush or non heart str8 on the river and go from there.

Rubeskies
12-16-2004, 06:45 PM
Hand 2: fold the flop. Gutshot and a backdoor flushdraw. Getting 5:1, and needing around 8:1. Also, the SB is a decent player. This is tough to semi-bluff against a loose passive and a decent player who has shown interest in the flop.

ErrantNight
12-16-2004, 06:50 PM
i think i get out on the turn in hand 1, the flop in hand 2

if not, i raise on the river, and when 3-bet by an LP i think i give it up

if not in hand 2, i bet the scare card and call a raise since it just gave you about a bajillion outs to improve.

dfscott
12-16-2004, 06:58 PM
Hand 1, I dump on the flop. A passive player called your PFR and then bet into you on the flop. I can't think you're ahead here and you have no decent redraws.

Hand 2 is borderline raise/fold on the flop. Even with 11 outs to your hand, I don't think I'd bet this turn since it would suck to get raised.