PDA

View Full Version : Sponger gets owned.

Justin A
12-16-2004, 05:59 PM
1/1 blinds No limit at Ocean's 11 last night. $40 max buy-in.

I limp UTG with 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. Most of the rest of the table limps also. Sponger raises to 2 from the SB. I reraise to 3. He didn't see the limp-reraise coming. Table calls, and Sponger makes it 4. I didn't see that coming. Table calls.

Flop is TT8 with two hearts. We both check and someone from the other side of the table bets something and we both call. Turn is the A /images/graemlins/heart.gif. Sponger bets $15 into the field. I immediately go all in for about $45. Sponger is surprised. He shits himself before deciding to call. Sponger is scared of aces full because I limp-reraised.

I tell Sponger a flush is good because I think he has a higher flush. He nods his head that he's got a flush. Someone at the table tells me I have outs. I say, "no I don't I've just got a baby flush." Sponger turns white. "you've got a baby flush? Sh*t." Sponger turns over 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif and I double up.

Later in the night, Sponger is down to his final eight chips, and he goes all in. I call him with KJ. I flop top pair with the king, and we still haven't shown our cards. I do my best acting job to make it look like I completely missed the board. I turn over my jack while still shaking my head, then I turn over my king. He looks back at the board and says, "(expletive) you." Good times.

Justin A

Sponger15SB
12-16-2004, 07:02 PM
That [censored] was so gay.

The whole table was full of tools, including one who called me, dave, and justin "poker digest" or something because we kept talking about the hands. And then he offered to fight I think it was Justin, or maybe me, not sure.

Also another guy called us "poker pro's", another claimed he made $750,000 last year, another seriously fell asleep while playing, another decided to suck out on me in a huge pot, etc etc

I think we were the only people having fun, so sad.

Oh yeah you also forgot at the very end when I was about to muck like J4s and instead raised all in, Dave called with 99 (what a [censored]!) and won.

ThaSaltCracka
12-16-2004, 07:06 PM
sounds like the loosest table ever if both of you are limping and raising with those hands.

fsuplayer
12-16-2004, 07:07 PM
this game sound unbelievably fun. i bet LAGing it up there is much more fun than at low limit games.

Boris
12-16-2004, 07:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Later in the night, Sponger is down to his final eight chips, and he goes all in. I call him with KJ. I flop top pair with the king, and we still haven't shown our cards. I do my best acting job to make it look like I completely missed the board. I turn over my jack while still shaking my head, then I turn over my king.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice. I like the slowroll. I like it alot. I think I'll do it to Natedogg at his next home game.

Sponger15SB
12-16-2004, 07:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
this game sound unbelievably fun. i bet LAGing it up there is much more fun than at low limit games.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was. For sure the most fun I've ever had at the tables.

What is really sad is that I'm 8 tabling $25nl 6-max online right now (don't ask), so this was actually over my normal game, and I must have raised at least 30% of the hands delt to me and played like a complete retard the entire game.

Once I straddled, Dave reraised to $3 blind, and Justin repopped it to $4 all without looking at our cards. Then of course the fun police next to me decided to reraise to like $8, killing out fun.

fsuplayer
12-16-2004, 07:34 PM
. Then of course the fun police next to me decided to reraise to like $8, killing out fun.

those guys are quite lame
relieving them of their stacks
is all you can do...

what wrong thread? again....?

shut up its my birthday

Justin A
12-16-2004, 08:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Once I straddled, Dave reraised to $3 blind, and Justin repopped it to $4 all without looking at our cards. Then of course the fun police next to me decided to reraise to like $8, killing out fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

The level of seriousness these guys would have with like $11 in their stack was astounding.

Another fun hand. We had been live straddling all night, and I'm UTG. I decide to do it differently and just min-raise blind. So I throw out two chips and say, "raise dark." The dealer says, "live straddle." I say, "No, I'm just raising blind, I don't want my option."

Some older guy pipes in with, "why, that doesn't make any sense." Some people have no sense of humor.

By the time it got back to me there were like seven people in the pot and it had been min raised to 3, and I folded for one more chip.

Justin A

Justin A
12-16-2004, 08:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, very fun. I wasn't really lagging it up that much, I was just doing strange things like min raising out of the blinds after a bunch of limpers, or leading into a big pot with a $1 bet.

Another hand: I end up in a raised pot(I think) with pocket fives. Flop 844, two hearts, I have the 5 of hearts. I bet $1 and get two callers. Turn is a heart, somewhat small I don't remember. I check, some more checks and somone bets like ten. I call and so does one other. River is another heart, giving me the 13th nut. I check, another check, and the last guy agonizes for like two minutes. I have $11 left in my stack and I tell him I'm calling if he bets for sure. He goes ahead and bets like fifteen, I call and other guy folds. He had QTo for no pair. I play goot.

Justin A

Sponger15SB
12-16-2004, 08:41 PM
Ah crap I forgot to mention the time I was in the SB with 54s and I raised preflop after like 6 limpers (I wanted to build a pot to push on a draw...makes sense right?). They all call. Flop was all overcards and I fold instead of checking.

NLSoldier
12-16-2004, 09:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Ah crap I forgot to mention the time I was in the SB with 54s and I raised preflop after like 6 limpers (I wanted to build a pot to push on a draw...makes sense right?). They all call. Flop was all overcards and I fold instead of checking.

[/ QUOTE ]

You also forgot to mention my first hand at the table, which I played blind and bluffed you off of your pair which you folded face up /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sponger15SB
12-16-2004, 09:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

You also forgot to mention my first hand at the table, which I played blind and bluffed you off of your pair which you folded face up /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, thats so weird I totally forgot about one of the funniest parts of the game, probably because it happened so early.

Here is the FULL story...

Its your first hand at the table and I raised $4 blind, to which you said "oh did he raise" to the dealer, and then you reraised to $8. I called still without looking at my cards to which nobody noticed.

Flop came whatever, I checked planning on check raising and you decided to check behind me.

Turn came a card, I checked planning on check raising again, and you went all in (keep in mind at this time we both had about $110+ behind). I figure I'd be good to check my cards, and I had middle pair and I folded.

You of course busted up laughing because you had yet to look at your cards either.

Also another good one for you guys.

Right at the end of the night, we are leaving in like 3 hands. I had already cashed out some chips that I had left over, but as I was gone cashing out, a new dealer sat down. So when I get back and sit down next to you guys (our table had become short handed) the dealer says "do you want delt in?" and I look at the table and realize that Dave is the SB on my left, and the button is the guy on my right. So I move seats to make me the cut off and get $40 in chips, and get delt in even though we are leaving in 2 hands.

I win the first pot I'm in for +14 with A9 2nd pair.

Justin A
12-16-2004, 09:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And then you left. Nicely played.

Justin A

mike l.
12-17-2004, 03:18 AM
sorry i couldnt hang out with guys and play some cards. but commerce was grand. glad you had fun at oceans. nice meeting you.

NLSoldier
12-17-2004, 03:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]

sorry i couldnt hang out with guys and play some cards. but commerce was grand. glad you had fun at oceans. nice meeting you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Up until now you had totally overlooked the potential of the 1-1 NL game at Oceans huh?

Sponger15SB
12-17-2004, 04:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Up until now you had totally overlooked the potential of the 1-1 NL game at Oceans huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the 1-1 game could easily be beat for like $35 an hour.

Maybe more if I really feel like lying.

thatpfunk
12-17-2004, 04:09 AM
ya i crush that game for an amazing $231 per hour /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Justin A
12-17-2004, 02:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks mike. I also played in the 5/5 game there for a few hours before the fun began. In both tables I was at it seemed like there were two or three soft spots, and the rest of the table seemed decent. Is this normal?

Justin A

mike l.
12-17-2004, 05:09 PM
the 5-5 game there is great. it can be mediocre sometimes.