PDA

View Full Version : FK online sit and go's --- i am going crazy!!!!!!!!!

PokerPaul
12-16-2004, 05:50 PM
i can't take it anymore.

I have been getting drawn out in allin chases where im huge favourite too many times in last 3 days for me to keep my sanity.

And im not talking about desperation moves where im short and some big stack takes a chance to knock me out.

Im talking good position and stack size and underdogs taking me on and winning....it happens, but just how often in big situations lately is absolutely demoralizing.

These are the final or crippling hands i played today from all my tourneys so far:

AK vs AQ...q on river
AQ vs A7...he makes a flush
KK vs. QQ
AA vs qj
AA vs K8
JJ vs 85 he tried to steal...he wins
(note: i did win one allin chase QQ vs 99 against a small stack today)

don't want to bore you with more specifics but 3 days now getting crushed by inferior hands consistantly....odds just seem staggering for it to happen this often.

Hmm..maybe i should wait an hour to cool off before posting this but i am steaming mad.

gonna take a break from SnG for a while, i can't handle the frustration....especially since i can't just reload and get back at the F'rs who sucked out on me in future pots.

Runner Runner
12-16-2004, 06:00 PM
I would be more tempted to take a break if I was busting out by losing a lot of races or running into big hands. You seem to be getting way the best of it, just continue to play your best and the results will take care of themselves.

citanul
12-16-2004, 06:04 PM
you should clearly move up buyin levels.
people will not make these terrible plays that you have been beaten by so often in the last few days at the higher buyin sngs. thus, you will make more money.

seriously though.

take a few days off if you're going to tiltify from this.

it's a long run game.
if that doesn't sit well with you, don't play poker.

citanul

Vetstadium
12-16-2004, 06:05 PM
When it rains it pours, I too have gone through a recent stint like that. Over time quality play will overcome these factors. It seems to me I get more bad beats then I give, but then again I try not to be in positions where I have the inferior hand. If you play the "correct" way and face some lunatics you are gonna get outdrawn sometimes but I will take my pocket aces vs anybodys reraise all in any day of the week.

PokerPaul
12-16-2004, 06:07 PM
thanks for the encouragement...
thats what i thought 2 days ago....think long run..
keep getting in with it with the better hand and let odds take care of it.....

but 3 days later it just keeps going and going....

PokerPaul
12-16-2004, 06:17 PM
yes i think i will take my lumps and stay away for a little bit.

And BTW..these are all $100 or $200 buyins....don't even want to think just how much $$ those suckouts have cost me if they would have held up..

ThorGoT
12-16-2004, 06:32 PM
I made it into the money with AQ, after calling AK on the bubble, when I made a flush and my opponent didn't. It was awesome. I love it when that happens. Oh, and I pushed with J6, got called by AA, and my 6 filled the middle of a gutshot straight on the river. I can't decide which one was more awesome.

I am sorry that you have never been the beneficiary of a suck out.

PokerPaul
12-16-2004, 06:36 PM
i have benefited on rare occasions, because i rarely find myself in position where i need to suck out unless on a short stack desperation move.

Anyways enjoy those windfalls, but i'd rather enjoy the satisfaction that comes from sound play.

citanul
12-16-2004, 06:46 PM
I too recently ran bad for a week, (about 100 sngs for me) through the 100s and 200s. Dropped about 4.5k or something like that. Sometimes it's really chitty. Taking a day off is good.

I took a bit more off, then played a couple days of the 20s and 10s to get my confidence back. I'll probably be back hitting the 100s next Monday.

Take the weekend off.

Get laid or something.

citanul

Big Limpin'
12-16-2004, 06:52 PM
EVERYONE in this forum, the best of the best included, have gone through a day, several days, even a week, where Murphy's Law bends you over, tosses his lube tube out the window, and ************** (censored).

What you must realize is that poker is inherently a streaky game. That is the nature of any random propostion. If i had a magic coin, that comes up heads 60% of the time, and found some guy that wanted to bet me even money on tails coming up.....

We flip it 30 times a day, for 50 bucks a flip.

YOu are a long-term "posFLIP" flipper, but there will be days when the f*cking thing just keeps coming up tails.

What must be ralized is that this comes with the territory, and if you jump out a window after the "perfect storm day", you will be dead, and thus lose your posEV on future flips.

Remember that day, last month, when you had a 136% ROI over 36 tourneys? Yeah, that was sweet huh? You were the MAN that day. THis is the flipside of that.

From your post, you are getting your money into the middle with the best of it, thats all you can do dude. It WILL turn around. The law of averages has a plus side too, in that a winning player cannot have a losing streak of infinite length. its just straight up impossible.

What i would REALLY like to see more (any?) posts in this forum, and what would benifit our collective union the most, is on the best mindset to deal with this incredibly frustrating situation.

notsosmart
12-16-2004, 06:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Take the weekend off.
Get laid or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that is some advice!

McBandit
12-16-2004, 07:05 PM
A week ago, I was in the exact same spot as you. I played mainly 50s. I had a weekend from hell. It seemed whenever I was all-in and the board came out, the guy would hit whatever he needed on the turn and/or river. The hands that finally broke me were 3 preflop all-ins in lvl1 with AA on the three tables I was multi-tabling. I lost all 3. Three AA cracked in lvl1 in 5min...it was unbelievable. I took a hit of $1200 that weekend.

I promptly cashed out all my online accounts to neteller and vowed never to play online poker again. A few days later I caved and bought back in for $55, enough for 5 $10+1s. If I lost that I probably would have gone for good.

So I buy into a few 10s and things turn around for me. The bad plays finally started to get punished again and I finished the week at $750 for only 120 tourneys. I have my confidence back again. In fact, I might not even go back to the 50s anytime soon...I am winning just as much at the 10s with a fraction of the variance.

Anywyas...amybe you should try moving down a few lvls to "regroup" and get back into a positive frame of mind.

McBandit

captZEEbo1
12-16-2004, 07:16 PM
One of the things I noticed when I started getting tilty from bad beats is that:

When I suck out, I just laugh and/or apologize and don't think about it too much longer (unless it was some insane suckout after the flop, but that's very rare).

The other thing is, when I have the dominating hand, like an AA vs JJ or whatever, and it holds up, I don't even care. I kind of just think, yeah it held up, big deal, it should have. So I don't even think twice about it.

If you actually looked at all the odds of all these suckouts, it's probably not THAT far from normal (ie you are forgetting about all the coinflips or hands that you are dominating actually won, which is very easy to do).

PokerPaul
12-17-2004, 11:02 AM
i agree limpin....

i have played lots but have usually just played regular cash games. And i know about going through extended bad streaks. But i think STT is even much more streaky than cash games and frustrating to get through.

Just trying to get into STT's now because...well i think they are fun (despite my post). But i guess that STT's are even more streaky just because of the all or nothing nature of them, in that most of time you will lose your buyin, and that can go on for a while. Furthermore when you are taken out despite good hands (which will happen often i guess since you would likely not risk your stack on marginal hands, so most of time when u do exit its somewhat of a frustrating scenario with quality hands), you will feel like luck is against you more than it actually is due to nature of tourney poker, especially NL.

i really don't think i could handle being a big tourney circuit pro. This must happen to all of them from time to time.

And when u factor in the large fields in these tourneys, and that u could work for 3 days straight playing your A game, only to be knocked out 1 hand on a ridiculous suckkout and go home 10k poorer, and have that happen 6 times straight over course of a month or two...wow..i cringe at the thought...

Profit
12-17-2004, 12:07 PM
streaky as in i have 5 losses in a row then 3 wins in a row etc maybe, but as far as variance, for me STT is much lower than cash games. You can look at it as an "all-or nothing" but it's not like you are just putting up $11, $55 or whatever on just one hand, but several hands. So i look at ring games more as an "all or nothing" proposition. In a STT i can make a mistake and still bounce make to make the money, in the same cash game that mistake could cost me mucho $$

mcbandit: As far as making more $ in the 10's than the 50's... How did you ever come to the conclusion to play at the 50's invthe first place? If i dont make more money playing the 20's than the 10's, i sure as heck dont stay at the 20's, much less go to the 30's or 50's. Were you just trying the 50's for a while? you are making roughly $6 per tourney (assuming those were all 10's) do you really think that is sustainable?

Huhmare
12-17-2004, 12:19 PM
[quote}
AK vs AQ...q on river
AQ vs A7...he makes a flush
KK vs. QQ
AA vs qj
AA vs K8
JJ vs 85 he tried to steal...he wins
(note: i did win one allin chase QQ vs 99 against a small stack today)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm off the subject, but I had this one nice tournament loss. I had QJ and flopped A K T. My all-in gets called by 55. turn and river are both K's. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif sometimes it just sucks

The once and future king
12-17-2004, 12:47 PM
bollox this happens frequently in the 50s where I have been experiencing the phenomenon for such a long time now , I am sure that at some point I must have pissed off a Greek God.

"Those that the Gods wish to deystroy they first send mad"

Old greek proverb.

I am preserving my sanity by playing x2 or x3 Table low buy in where the slow blinds mitigate the allinness of SNG play there is actualy an element of post flop play and skill involved and paying out a decent wack if you make the money. Not to mention the dead money, I am yet to not make the final table as most of the entrents commit chipicide in the first hour.

PE101
12-17-2004, 12:50 PM
Not to be overly philosophical, but pain is more memorably than pleasure. You certainly remember the “bad beats” better than good, solid play that wins (i.e., the majority of your play). These guys that suck out on you are the best source for profit (normally).

Keep up the smart play – leave the “gambling” to your customers…

ThorGoT
12-17-2004, 04:42 PM
Personally, I enjoy the money that comes from winning.

bigredlemon
12-17-2004, 04:45 PM
I know how frustrating that can feel. I had a bad week where everytime I had a good hand, someone else would have a slightly different hand, OR, if i had a top hand (AA,KK,AK,QQ), some sucker will call with 23o and hit a 4 card flush.

All you can do is take a break for a few days and play again when you're ready. You don't want to be playing scared or angry.

On a side note, for every few hands that stand up, a few more will be busted. Just think of it as a necessary evil of poker.