PDA

View Full Version : Bellagio Trip Report

dal1
12-16-2004, 05:05 PM
I decided to take a trip out to Vegas this past weekend and play some poker at the Bellagio. Well it was a poker player's dream....world poker tour events and satellites and a ton of cash games going round the clock. The following are some of my observations and things that I overheard during my stay:
....during a satellite event, the gentleman from England to my left spots T.J. Cloutier walking by. He says, "T.J. remember me ? I lent you $700 T.J...$700 T.J. 9 months ago ..T.J. responds in his Texas drawl, "don't worry I remember you, but now just isn't the right time.." A half hour later I see T.J. at the craps tables (but it was the $5 minimum table)....sad, sad, sad.

One of the dealers told me how he dealt some high limit blackjack to Sammy Farha recently...5 hands at $100,000 each....Sammy lost all five but laughed and joked the whole time according to the dealer.... more on Sammy later.

Freddy Deeb told a story at the $100-$200 No-Limit table...A while back Freddy walked into the MGM with $60K and decided to play some Baccarat...Freddy lost it all in about an hour...As he was getting up to leave he realized he still had $2k and he proceeded to go on the run of his life and he left with $240K and change....

The big game Saturday night was found in the back table on the upper level of the Bellagio poker room...it included Brunson, Reese, Chan, Negraneau, Reese, Hansen, Greenstein, and Ivey....mountains of chips and lots of action...

Watched Fossilman at the $100-$200 No-Limit table battle against Tobey Maguire and Eric Lindgren amongst others...Not sure about the outcome..(Fossilman care to comment ????)

Speaking of Tobey Maguire...my man is really starting to look like a poker player...I saw him wear the same clothes 3 days in a row...he's now got a poker gut...hadn't shaved or combed his hair for what appeared to be weeks...the dude was playing round the clock and having a blast...I saw him take down two monster pots in the cash game...He and another guy got into a raising war pre-flop. All of their chips and cash ended up in the middle of the table. Tobey shows Aces and other dude has kings..Tobey wins about 50K...2nd monster came about 7 a.m. next morning when Tobey hits top two pair and takes down about 60K...Later Freddy Deeb joined the table and won about $16K playing some real junk hands...a young kid from New York took a shot at the table and ran his $10K up to about $40K before getting broke a few hours later....Everyone had a great time at the table and Tobey played some solid poker...

I spotted Annie Duke sweating her bro Howard as he played in his 25K heads up match against John D'Agnostino...Looks like Annie got some new breasts...Nothing to flashy just a nice B-cup..

A well known pro from New York talking about how he went broke on the stock market and ended up having to pawn some watches to raise a bankroll...

Watched Chris Hinchcliffe (the big construction worker that came in 3rd at the partypoker million wpt event last year) nearly throw down with some dude at the $25-$50 no-limit table...Chris has apparently been a fixture at the Bellagio since his $400k score.

Watched old vegas hustler Bob Stupak get into a domestic dispute as his girl ran into the arms of another man...Stupak drank and chain smoked the rest of the night at the bar outside the pokerroom.

Watched the following scene occur too many times too count..Young dude on the rail with his buds...Jaws dropped and eyes bugged out, "holy [censored] is that Phil Hellmuth !! Dude, Hey Phil you rock man !! Woa, there is Phil Ivey!!...Is this like the final table...like where are all the cameras and [censored]...This is soooo cool!!!!!!

So how did I fare ??? I played the 3k buy in tourney which had a little over 400 people. I'm still in it when it hits the 100 mark when I get moved to Sammy Farha and Jason Lester's table...I win a big pot off of Lester and couple of others against Farha... I got greedy and decided to go for the kill against Sammy, only problem was that he had pocket Aces and I only had pocket 8's...not good...I still had a great time and had fun playing with some of the big stars like Hellmuth, Sammy, Dewey Tomko, Evelyn Ng, Alan Goehring, and Ron Rose... Can't wait until I can do it all over again...

Patrick del Poker Grande
12-16-2004, 05:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A well known pro from New York talking about how he went broke on the stock market and ended up having to pawn some watches to raise a bankroll...

[/ QUOTE ]
Nice trip report, but I don't understand why you went with "A well known pro from New York" here when you've been name-dropping the whole rest of the time.

beernutz
12-16-2004, 09:42 PM
Now THIS is an on-topic post.

VinnyTheFish
12-17-2004, 11:05 AM
Nice job. Another one would be just as welcomed.

John Deere
12-17-2004, 02:06 PM
TJ Cloutier is Canadian, not Texan.

Philuva
12-17-2004, 04:54 PM
"Watched Chris Hinchcliffe (the big construction worker that came in 3rd at the partypoker million wpt event last year) nearly throw down with some dude at the $25-$50 no-limit table...Chris has apparently been a fixture at the Bellagio since his $400k score."

I played with Chris in the 100 - 200 limit game. He is still a little too aggressive, but seems to have improved his game since that show. He can also go on tilt fairly easily.

I had a funny hand against Chris. The table had decided that if you won any pot with 72 you won $200 from everyone else at the table. We were just in the process of finalizing with everyone when I am dealt 72s utg. I raise. As I raise though, it is decided that it will not start until the next hand (uggh). Chris 3 bets from MP. The BB and I call. The flop is T77 with 2 hearts, everyone laughs how this would have been a great pot for 72. There is action on the flop and the BB drops, and I get 2 more bets on the turn and river even though it 2 more hearts came.

Chris had black jacks.

The funny thing is I was pissed that I did not win the additional $1,600 from the table b/c the 72 rule was not in effect, but the BB said he would have stayed in the the hand if the 72 rule was in effect because he had red nines and it would have been easier to not put one of us on a flush draw.

BeerMoney
12-18-2004, 03:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I spotted Annie Duke sweating her bro Howard as he played in his 25K heads up match against John D'Agnostino...Looks like Annie got some new breasts...Nothing to flashy just a nice B-cup..

[/ QUOTE ]

So, they aren't as big as Howard's yet?

DesertCat
12-19-2004, 12:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
TJ Cloutier is Canadian, not Texan.

[/ QUOTE ]

TJ was raised in California. He played football in Canada.

sfer
12-20-2004, 02:13 PM
This reads like the part of The Great Gatsby that lists all of the various attendants of Gatsby's parties that summer.

modaddy
12-21-2004, 02:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He and another guy got into a raising war pre-flop. All of their chips and cash ended up in the middle of the table. Tobey shows Aces and other dude has kings..Tobey wins about 50K.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got to watch some of Tobey playing w/ Mike Sexton & Gabe Kaplan at the Mirage. Saw Tobey lose a $65K pot with top set kings against a flush...

Evan
12-21-2004, 03:27 AM
Haha, I was actually thinking of a witty reply to the 100 names in here. Looks like I've been beat to the punch.

Luv2DriveTT
12-21-2004, 09:16 AM
Good to know the NY Post's Page Six was in attendance. I didn't know we are all becoming gosips!

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

Evan
12-21-2004, 10:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I didn't know we are all becoming gosips

[/ QUOTE ]
Ummm...forum title?

La Brujita
12-22-2004, 12:36 AM
Great trip report, really enjoyed it!

PokerPaul
12-22-2004, 03:00 AM
hmmm, if ivey and hellmuth and brunson and chan and reese and greenstein are all in the same game...whos gonna be the loser.

they all cant win.....or are there so many wealthy fish willing to lose enough to feed them all without them having to beat each other?

billyjex
12-22-2004, 11:50 PM
In an interview with Negreanu, he was asked a question about why play with all pros in the big game, aren't you all going to break even?

Negreanu responded along the lines of "some aren't as good as they think they are.."