PDA

View Full Version : I heard this morning that Queen is going back on tour

fnord_too
12-16-2004, 04:44 PM
The lead singer from Bad Company is going to be their singer I think. Crazy.

astroglide
12-16-2004, 04:48 PM
based on what bad company/free i've heard, i would be surprised if he's got the range or clarity for it. i think they'd be better off getting the guy that replaced steve perry for journey's tours or somebody like that. it would be truly awesome if they got steve perry to do it himself though.

Sponger15SB
12-16-2004, 05:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
it would be truly awesome if they got steve perry to do it himself though.

[/ QUOTE ]

that would be pretty hard though.

Beer and Pizza
12-16-2004, 05:17 PM
I hear Freddie Mercury has agreed to come back from the grave for this.

astroglide
12-16-2004, 05:22 PM
well they'd certainly piss of mr. bad company, but perry's beef is presumably with the other members of journey, not queen. there aren't many people around that could even try to stand in freddie mercury's shoes but i think perry is worthy.

RcrdBoy
12-16-2004, 06:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
based on what bad company/free i've heard, i would be surprised if he's got the range or clarity for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I recently saw a Bad Company reunion tour show and even though the "Voice" can still sing, Paul Rodgers could never do justice to Freddy Mercury.

I can't imagine spending money to listen to someone else sing Queen songs. Brian May is great, but without Freddy Mercury there would have been no Queen.

CCass
12-16-2004, 11:11 PM
At the risk of getting "flamed", I think George Michael would be a helluva replacement for Mercury.

astroglide
12-17-2004, 12:32 PM
he's not naturally schmaltzy enough