PDA

View Full Version : Slightly amusing promotion at Emerald poker

witeknite
12-16-2004, 04:25 PM
I got an e-mail from emerald poker about their Christmas promotions. I found this one to be novel. Certainly not worth anything, but clever none the less.

WiteKnite

We will be introducing "Bill the Shill" as Santa Clause, this Christmas! "Bill the Shill" is hands down the worst poker player known to man. We put 1,000 USD on "Bill the Shill's" account and will have him playing on Christmas Day. If you see him you absolutley want to be sitting at the same table as him! He has never ever won a hand and highly doubt he ever will. Be sure you're sitting next to "Bill the Shill" this Christmas while he loses his money!

kdog
12-16-2004, 11:15 PM
I thought this site folded ages ago. Are they a skin of something else now or still a stand alone?

GrannyMae
12-16-2004, 11:18 PM
i was playing at planet poker one day when roy cooke was shilling house money away. no foldem holdem.

long story short, i lost $300 in 20 minutes to him on miracle river shots. he apologized profusely, but could not miss a draw.

VinnyTheFish
12-16-2004, 11:21 PM
For next year, I would suggest having the Grande finale on the first week of December. This may get the player numbers up a bit. Dropping the price to $40 is ok, but more of a last resort.

Then, around the 15th of Dec, have a $10 tourn, with rebuys - one that does not count towards points, but a Just for kicks one!