PDA

View Full Version : 2 Simple Pre-flop questions??? 99 and 66 UTG

jayrutz2
12-16-2004, 03:03 PM
Party 3/6 full table. Hero is UTG. BB is ultra loose pre-flop and bets out 90%+ post flop. Rest of table is typical with UTG+2 being solid and aggressive.

Hero gets 99.

Hero calls and hopes to see more callers and win if he hits a set? or Hero raises, hoping to isolate and get heads up with BB?

I had a really tough time on this one.

Similar question with 5 seated at a 3/6 table, hero UTG with 66. Rest of table mostly limps, only raising with monsters...

Call or Raise???

jayrutz2
12-16-2004, 04:30 PM
BUMP...really interested on how 2+2ers play these in this position, table, etc...

mistrpug
12-16-2004, 04:33 PM
I usually raise 99 UTG, but I think calling is acceptable too. Don't plan to have everyone else fold so you can isolate the BB though in most games. It won't happen often.

I don't play shorthanded, so I don't really know the answer to the second one. Try posting that one in the Short-handed forum.

Vote4Pedro
12-16-2004, 04:46 PM
i like the idea of raising UTG w/ 99 in a full table with aggressive opponents, on the other hand, 66 utg against a weak/passive table isnt very valuable. I think you either raise or fold. If you do limp and are reraised, you know youre even or way behind. play the low pp's utg against an aggressive field

chief444
12-16-2004, 05:04 PM
I sometimes limp and sometimes raise 99. I wouldn't argue against either.

I would almost always open raise 66 in a 5-handed game. But I suppose if you can expect everyone to just limp and no raise as you describe limping is OK too.