PDA

View Full Version : Big Break II on the Golf Channel

jasonHoldEm
12-16-2004, 03:01 PM
I'm not a golf person...in my illustrious career I've had an eagle and two birdies. <font color="white"> (of course, these were at a pitch and putt course, but if I don't tell you that it sounds much more impressive, no?) </font>

Anyways, I caught this show today channel surfing and I thought it was really cool to watch. I always knew that there was much more to golf, but I never realized just how much control is involved, the different types of shots, club selection, etc. I thought it was really interesting from an outsiders persepective.

D'oh, I just checked GC's website and it looks like the series is over already, the next season apparently starts sometime in 2005 and features women players.

Anyways, the point I was heading towards with this post was that maybe someday (if and when the Professional Poker Tour gets off the ground and Poker is closer to a PGA format) we might end up watching some reality show where poker players are facing different challenges in hopes of getting their tour card.

J

Peca277
12-16-2004, 03:04 PM
The problem with that is reality shows often include scantily clad contestants. Nobody wants to see a bunch of poker players with no shirts on.

eric5148
12-16-2004, 07:31 PM
Golf was my first love in terms of games. I was obsessed with golf for about 8 years until I started playing poker a year ago.

I don't find that show interesting at all. Maybe it's just because I know everything about golf and I've seen it all before, but I just can't get excited about watching some 2 handicappers hit balls on a highway or try to hit a punch shot into a pane of glass (these were on the first season).

If you really want to get into the mind of a pro golfer, read Bob Rotella's books.

I'm not really sure if poker will ever have a format like the PGA Tour. It's just not as much of a live spectator game.

eric5148
12-16-2004, 07:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The problem with that is reality shows often include scantily clad contestants. Nobody wants to see a bunch of poker players with no shirts on.

[/ QUOTE ]

As if people want to see golfers with no shirts on? If the show Jason is talking about had scantily clad contestants, they should get fined by the FCC.