PDA

View Full Version : Which hand is toughest to play?

Big Mac
12-16-2004, 12:19 PM
Full ring game. A-jo UTG or A-10o first in from MP?

I've seen arguments to raise, limp, or fold these pre-flop.

Discuss.

Big Mac

-You hungry yet?

sthief09
12-16-2004, 12:36 PM
AQ gets my vote

MoreWineII
12-16-2004, 01:19 PM
TT. I rarely play it aggressively enough.

Redeye
12-16-2004, 01:31 PM
My vote is for pocket 9s in MP

Kaz The Original
12-16-2004, 02:04 PM
AJo and ATo in EP and MP respectively are ridiculously easy to play. You're only going to be looking at them a few moments before they hit the muck. AQ UTG, now that's the quintessential problem.

Redeye
12-16-2004, 02:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
AJo and ATo in EP and MP respectively are ridiculously easy to play. You're only going to be looking at them a few moments before they hit the muck.

[/ QUOTE ]

AJo is a very easy play from UTG, I raise with it almost 100% of the time. ATo in MP2+ is also an easy play, I will always open raise w/ it and will always raise with one limper as well.

mistrpug
12-16-2004, 02:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
AJo and ATo in EP and MP respectively are ridiculously easy to play. You're only going to be looking at them a few moments before they hit the muck. AQ UTG, now that's the quintessential problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

You either play too tight or play in really tough games.

Smasharoo
12-16-2004, 02:18 PM
AJo and ATo in EP and MP respectively are ridiculously easy to play. You're only going to be looking at them a few moments before they hit the muck.

You're folding AJ in EP? I'm honestly curious why.

ElSapo
12-16-2004, 02:24 PM
Agreed, TT and 99 I don't play aggressively enough. 88 seems small enough I don't feel the need to pound with it, though I know others do.

The AT/AJ question is simple, I'm raising both of those spots.

sthief09
12-16-2004, 02:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Agreed, TT and 99 I don't play aggressively enough. 88 seems small enough I don't feel the need to pound with it, though I know others do.

The AT/AJ question is simple, I'm raising both of those spots.

[/ QUOTE ]

for some reason, I find hands like TT and 99 really easy to play. the overcards give me trouble sometimes, as do hands like TPTK

Redeye
12-16-2004, 02:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
for some reason, I find hands like TT and 99 really easy to play. the overcards give me trouble sometimes, as do hands like TPTK

[/ QUOTE ]

I always get in trouble with hands like 99 or 88 when I open raise in MP or raise a loose limper or two in LP and the flop comes with something like a J,Q, or T on it. For some reason I really seem to struggle in those spots.

Vern
12-16-2004, 02:39 PM
It depends....

AJo and ATo can be limped in from each position in nice passive games, but unless I am targeting a maniac down the line who likes to three-bet I don't find raising them from the respective positions profitiable in typical or tight games. If I am at an aggressive table, I dump them from those positions if most of the aggression seems sane.

I checked my PTdb and found that with AJo UTG I fair better limping than any other tactic and with ATo UTG I would fair better to fold, although when I take out the two times I played it LAGGISH at a 2+2 table, it is neutral for open limping from MP.

Vern

jason_t
12-16-2004, 02:58 PM
raising with AQo UTG after a 3-bet from a strong player