PDA

View Full Version : Blind vs. blind, flopped 2nd pair no kicker

Analyst
12-16-2004, 12:18 PM
PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, MP folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (2 SB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (2 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (4 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 6 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
SB has 4c Jc (two pair, jacks and eights).
Hero has 3c 8s (three of a kind, eights).
Outcome: Hero wins 6 BB. </font>

Seems pretty straightforward, but any thoughts? Villain seemed to feel that I'd misplayed this one. Guess that I could have checked the turn, but that feels weak; also, I'd planned to check behind on the river, especially if a big card fell but probably regardless.

aggie
12-16-2004, 12:27 PM
looks good to me!

haakee
12-16-2004, 01:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Villain seemed to feel that I'd misplayed this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pot-kettle-black?

You played it fine. Villian screwed it up.

RunDownHouse
12-16-2004, 01:23 PM
No reason to check on the turn. I like betting the turn and checking behind on the river because many opponents will take one off on the flop in this kind of situation, but fold the turn if they still don't have much. The only reason to check the turn is to induce a bluff, which I just don't like.

TwoNiner
12-16-2004, 02:33 PM
Poor Sally wanted a cheap showdown for her top pair heads up.

Jeff W
12-16-2004, 03:29 PM
Turn your chat off and you won't have to listen to weak players advising you how to play your hand. I would have bet the turn and the river against an opponent like this unless he is also very tight because he will never punish me unless he has the goods.