PDA

View Full Version : AK missed flop, opponent bets into you.

johnnycakes
12-16-2004, 10:53 AM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls.

Flop: (5.40 SB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>

What do you do?

7ontheline
12-16-2004, 10:57 AM
I probably call, maybe raise if it's a passive player who would give me a free card. Fold to a stop and go bet on the turn. Fold if the turn is checked through and he bets the river and I haven't caught. If he 3-bets flop, call and fold turn if unimproved, MAYBE fold immediately if he's a really passive type. I think it's too weak to just give up AK everytime you miss the flop.

William Jockusch
12-16-2004, 12:13 PM
Sure as hell don't fold, if only because of the ace of spades in hand. I tend to believe that UTG has flopped something here, so I think calling is the right play. UTG could easily be on a draw, so if the turn and river come with T, 8, etc. you are probably calling this one down the whole way.

On the other hand, if the turn is a 9 or a 7 (and not a spade), I am folding for another bet.