PDA

View Full Version : Strategy adjustment question

two_dogs
12-16-2004, 08:59 AM
I see alot of strategy for "standard" SNGs but what about games that aren't your typical SNG. Example PArty 30+3 level 4 and there are still nine players left. The table wasn't that tight.There were alot of players playing crap early but were getting away with it.Early in level 3 about every pot was getting raised pre flop.Up to level 4 the best hands I'd seen were A /images/graemlins/spade.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif which was raised before me to T200 so I mucked and 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif UTG mucked it too.Late in level 4 I had only seen 2 flops(one in the BB)when I get A /images/graemlins/heart.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif and pushed my T565.Now if this were a typical SNG and there were 5 or 6 players left I think my push was a no brainer with my stack/blind ratio but with 9 players AQ isn't so good. So my question is what kind of adjustments do you make in these (few and far between) non standard games?

captZEEbo1
12-16-2004, 10:16 AM
AQ is a great push once you get to level 4 blinds, regardless of how many people are in.

In these games, I usually like to take a few gamble pushes with marginal hands like JT, 98, etc. Typically if it's like this, it is because people are playing really tight and you'll be able to get away with these pushes. However if you get busted by AJ etc, so beat it. It's better than getting blinded to oblivion. With the whole table still left in late game, it becomes a disaster if you are very shortstacked. So steal a few times while you still can (ie any opportunity with marginal cards).

syka16
12-16-2004, 11:46 AM
If you're in MP or LP it's an easy push. UTG if you fold, the blinds are going to pretty much cripple you into pushing a worse hand into a couple of limpers... you'll see 9 more hands until your situation is pretty desperate. So I would push and hope someone calls with Axs.