PDA

View Full Version : Party 10/20: A common flop situation.

Jeff W
12-16-2004, 04:53 AM
Assuming my opponents will not fold any hand on this flop, how is my play? Too weak? Can I raise for value if I intend to check/fold unless I have at least a 2-overcard draw on a non-threatening board? Sorry if this is extremely simple, but it comes up so often I might as well make sure I'm getting it right.

CO is VPIP:100 and PFR~0 and usually raises me on the expensive streets when he has a good hand.

MP is loose passive. VPIP 62 PFR 2. Calls to the river usually.

No read on other player.

All-in-all an excellent line up that makes me want to play 10/20 more often. I will probably stick to 5/10 for another 100k hands.

Okay, time to go back to studying.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Jh, Kh.
1 fold, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls, Hero raises, 1 fold, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 4c, 3c, Qs (4 players)
Hero checks, MP checks, CO bets, Button calls, Hero folds, MP calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 7c (3 players)
MP checks, CO bets, Button raises, MP folds, CO calls.

River: (10 BB) Ks (2 players)
CO checks, Button bets, CO calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB
Main Pot: 12 BB, between CO and Button.

JrJordan
12-16-2004, 05:13 AM
With this many limpers to you I'd say it's an easy value raise PF. The flop fold seems reasonable too considering you're drawing to probably 3 outs at best. Glad to see I have something to look forward to once I figure out this whole 5-10 variance is a bitch thing.

Jeff W
12-16-2004, 05:18 AM
You have nothing to look forward to except 300 BB downswings. Variance will always be a bitch.

Happy holidays.

/images/graemlins/wink.gif

JrJordan
12-16-2004, 05:22 AM
Yeah I'm sure they'll be waiting for me. In the meantime I'm just thankful I went up to 5-10 with a 500BB bankroll. I decided it's time to take a few days off from the grind to get the old confidence back. I got a few interviews to go to and a million gifts to buy, so maybe that'll be the focus through the weekend. Sorry guys... one less fish out there until Monday.

kiddo
12-16-2004, 06:41 AM
KJ isnt as good as 1 thinks (or at least as I used to think). But I had also raised KJs against this lousy field. And yes, I would checkfold flop, they are playing any2, u can very well be drawing dead.

By the way, I have won 150BB last 3 hours playing. I love variance /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Zele
12-16-2004, 10:03 AM
Straightforward fold.

I generally just limp with KJs out of position here.

Schneids
12-16-2004, 11:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Straightforward fold.

I generally just limp with KJs out of position here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. I don't have an issue with raising too few hands PF -- I just save most of them for being in position.

I would raise KJs from the SB if there were less limpers or if we were at a full table and had a few more limpers.

Noodles
12-16-2004, 11:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
CO is VPIP:100 and PFR~0 and usually raises me on the expensive streets when he has a good hand.

MP is loose passive. VPIP 62 PFR 2. Calls to the river usually.

[/ QUOTE ]
what is pfr,preflop raises?
so one raise 0% and other 2% ??????
are there some players that bad at 10/20???

PokerNoob
12-16-2004, 01:15 PM
With this type opponent, when I'm out of position I like limping and checkraising an expensive street when I hit. Good fold on the flop regardless.

TwoNiner
12-16-2004, 03:30 PM
I somtimes catch myself trying to lower my standards for limpers because it is a shorthanded game. I think this might be one of those cases where it kind of looks like you want to build a pot with a raise since more than half the table is coming along with you, and at the same time you kind of want to raise just because you might have better cards than these guys. If it's imbetween both of those it's probably better to just call.

Anyways shorthanded I think it's easy to kind of get loose with the odds needed to pull plays like building a pot from the blinds w/ suited connectors (don't know if this was your motive), or calling with low pairs. Since most of the table is in there it has a better feel than if you have 3 or 4 people from a full table, yet we shouldn't play it any differently. Big cards go up in value, but speculative hands still need the numbers. Then again maybe I'm the only one who tries to do this!