PDA

View Full Version : possible collusion?

livinitup0
12-16-2004, 04:13 AM
just finished a 10+1 at party. was shortstacked at final 3. The first hand when down to 3, one of the players times out and then auto-folded every hand after, even on BB when could check. (after a few hands we relized he wasnt online)Me and other player folded on the button and raised every hand with SB to gain his BB which he autofolded. this went on for 4 orbits. then other player on button put my BB all in, when the autofold player had one BB left. One more hand and would have had gauranteed second, even at only about T1500 left. I call with a decent hand and get drawn out.
3rd place money. Then immediately the next hand, they play heads up and the autofold player starts going all in on every hand, the other player folds, and keeps folding every hand until they are pretty much even in chips. then they just start calling preflop and checking down every hand. until it was over by the blinds. Has anyone else seen this before?

(my name it is) Sam Hall
12-16-2004, 04:43 AM
Can you post the whole progression, just hand-by-hand who raised and folded, and then the whole one where you went out? How many total hands does this involve?

I don't quite see your problem. Asssuming you aren't asking if we think you're colluding with the big stack when you fold the button and raise off the SB to force a fold from the disconnected BB (I believe it's only considered collusion in poker if there is more than just a tacit, ad hoc, temporary agreement to exploit a weak or disabled player. Connection integrity is more a quirk of the online game than anything else.), I don't yet see an instance of collusion between the timed-out player and the big stack. If I had the big stack with one player disconnected and the other content to let me steal at will, this is exactly how I would play it. Let you get to where you're essentially forced all-in and then put you in where I'm pretty sure I'm ahead.

Sam

captZEEbo1
12-16-2004, 10:19 AM
this doesn't sound like collusion to me.

Marcotte
12-16-2004, 12:42 PM
The most suspicious thing is the the 'away' player came back immediatly after the OP got knocked out. What I don't understand is why the alleged colluders would play to even up the stacks then let the blinds rise to a point where the outcome is based solely on the cards.

rickthekeg
12-16-2004, 12:49 PM
Lots of players will auto-fold like this to try and gain 1 spot, then come back either when they are forced to go all in, or gain the additional spot.

Apathy
12-16-2004, 01:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Lots of players will auto-fold like this to try and gain 1 spot, then come back either when they are forced to go all in, or gain the additional spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

having played well over 500 tournies at this and higher levels is it weird that I have never seen someone use this "strategy"? I have seen some unfortuante disconnects at key moments, I myself have lost multiple buy ins disconnecting while multitabling.

This really doesnt look like collusion

Daliman
12-16-2004, 03:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is the case, no wonder 10+1's are so profitable.

(my name it is) Sam Hall
12-16-2004, 04:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
(after a few hands we relized he wasnt online)

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I somehow thought he was disconnected, not autofolding. Most of what I said still applies, especially the part about stealing at will from timid players. It looks like you and Mr. Autofold got run off the table because you both were playing scared. Courage man! Make them guess if you've really got it.

Sam