PDA

View Full Version : My picks

09-21-2001, 04:59 PM
Ok, I went 2-2 on last week's picks. Damn.

This week, I have only one pick. Denver -7.5 over Arizona. I got that line from 5dimes.com.

There are some tempting picks out there, but I don't feel any of them are as solid as the Denver pick. I believe the spread is small because of over-reaction to McCaffrey's injury. Yes, it will affect the team down the road, but not this week against Arizona. Maybe when playing KC or the Raiders. Denver should be able to bury Arizona by half time.

Some other lines I looked at were NYJ -1.5 over New England. I believe people are over-estimating how rattled the Jets will be. After all, traveling to Boston ain't much of a trip. If they were flying to Oakland, I could see it maybe. Also, people are over-reacting to the loss against Indy. The game was a lot closer than the score would make you think. The Jets played pretty well except for a few bungles. There was a possible 14 point turnaround in the 4th quarter when the Jets were in striking range and gave up a fumble return for a touchdown. I believe the Jets should easily cover this spread against New England.

Also, I believe people are under-estimating just how bad New England really is.

I see that Tennessee is getting 3 from Jacksonville. WTF? Jags looked good in week 1 but everyone looks good against Kordell Stewart. Miami made Tennessee look bad but come on, it's Tennessee we're talking about. They were on a lot of people's short list for superbowl contention and now they're a DOG to Jacksonville? O'Donnel is totally competent, probably one of the best backup QB's in the league. I stick by my stance on Jacksonville: the league's most overrated, badly coached team full of overpaid superstars until Washington of last year. And Tennessee does really well in Jacksonville. I believe Jeff Fisher called Jags' stadium the Titans' "other home field". I pick Tennessee not only to cover, but to win outright.

If you're the type of bettor who bets a lot of lines, those are my picks for the week, but personally, I am only putting money on Denver.

natedogg