PDA

View Full Version : Top set gets 3-bet on the turn, put him on some hands

PokerNoob
12-16-2004, 01:03 AM
Played about 20 hands, villian seems very loose and not overly aggressive to this point. BTW, UTG in over 400 hands is a 33/6 player making 7BB/100.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP folds, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (9.40 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.70 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero ?

Who likes the call the flop raise, raise the turn line on this board vs 3-bet the flop? Who caps here? How about with a more "normal" opponent?

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
12-16-2004, 02:56 AM
Looks like set over set. Cap the turn.

etizzle
12-16-2004, 03:26 AM
well, if hes not overly agressive then theres no way he checkraised this flop with a draw from first position. Also, it must seem that he might be up against an overpair after an UTG raiser gets 3 bet. The only way a non-agressive player will checkraise with a draw is if its a straight flush draw or something. If he had 7-9 he would have checkcalled.

So he must have a set. Cap it.

PokerNoob
12-16-2004, 11:42 AM
You guys were thinking what I was thinking. The coldcall of three and the checkraise looked to me like AQ, then the 3-bet made me think eights or sixes. It seemed wrong to checkraise a draw there when you might get two big pairs to pay you off, and Q8 diamonds or an even more bizzare two pair seems unlikely. He's certainly not going to get a free card most of the time from two preflop raisers. I capped the turn. I hit my ten outer on the river, as indeed he had 97o. He certainly did disguise his hand well. If he had led the flop, he probably would have gotten more bets in just because I'm still not going to put him on 97 and UTG may throw a few in there if he's just being incrementally hit with single bets and raises.

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
12-16-2004, 02:00 PM
Ahh, 97o...a good hand 3-way for 3-bets apiece.

These are the guys that make our games go round.