PDA

View Full Version : 2 hands for review....

brettbrettr
12-16-2004, 12:24 AM
Ok, I calmed down a bit, saw 25% of flops, took free cards, and started climbing out of the hole I dug for myself earlier in the week...My PFR was still 18%, but I don't think limping into pots is a good idea. Thoughts?

Some hands: no reads on UTG, SB is LAA+ (yes, that's an A+!), BB LPP/A

Preflop: Hero is Button with Ad, 8d.
UTG calls, CO folds, Hero raises, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8 SB) Th, 4c, 9c (4 players)
SB bets, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6 BB) Ah (4 players)
SB bets, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero raises, all call.

River: (14 BB) 4s (4 players)
BB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 14 BB

Bet this river?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Kc, Js. BB posts a blind of $1.
UTG calls, MP folds, CO calls, Hero raises, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, CO calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) Td, 9s, 8c (3 players)
UTG checks, CO checks, Hero bets, both call.

Turn: (5.25 BB) 2h (3 players)
Check-check-check.

River: (5.25 BB) Ks (3 players)
UTG bets, CO folds, Hero raises, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 9.25 BB
__________________________________________________ ________

JrJordan
12-16-2004, 12:29 AM
Hand 1: I probably limp with this. You have one limper already and if the blinds come to then you're getting great numbers to go for that flush. On the flop, I'd probably just fold right there. You're drawing at best to 3 outs with your ace and the sucker end of a backdoor straight. Your A outs could be tainted by a possible 2 pair or a flush that gets made. When it hits the turn you might as well raise because you obviously think your A outs were good. The river is a pretty big rag as well, so I think you can bet that for value as well.

Hand 2: Seems pretty straightforward the whole way through. I'd want to vomit if you get three bet on the river, but I'd probably still call it because of the crappy player I am.

Schneids
12-16-2004, 01:26 AM
Hand 1 I fold on the flop. Calling is not good. Raising is equally bad. Your outs are few, and there are other players interested in this pot already, and there's plenty of draws too.

I think your line in hand 2 is reasonable.

helpmeout
12-16-2004, 01:50 AM
1. Fold on the flop you have nothing but 1 overcard.

2. I bet the turn you still have an OESD and 2 overcards.

Rizen
12-16-2004, 05:41 PM
On hand 1 unlike the other replies so far I like the button raise pre-flop with A8s and one limper here, however I agree with them you should fold this flop, 3 outs here that may not even be good (do you really want to see the Ac here?)

Hand 2 seems pretty standard to me. I hate it if I get 3-bet, but I think it's a clear value raise.

-Rizen