PDA

View Full Version : Could the $20's be THAT much easier than the $30's on Stars?

Bigwig
12-15-2004, 11:52 PM
Since I've moved up to the $30's, my ROI has dropped over 10%. Due to a bad run (bankroll went from $1050 to $450) I played two $20's to start tonight. I finished 3rd and 1st, but that's not the point.

I owned the games. I had roughly 15 pots of all-ins, maybe 10 of those preflop, and I was the favorite in EVERY SINGLE ONE when the cards were flipped.

And in the 2nd tourney, which I won, I absolutely owned the table when it got down to 5. I was like, what's with these guys? Folding when they shouldn't with short stacks, giving me odds to call my flush draws, etc.

Can there really be a difference of significant magnitude?

What do you think?

ilya
12-16-2004, 12:53 AM
I think you chanced upon some atypically soft tables.

Bigwig
12-16-2004, 01:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you chanced upon some atypically soft tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously, two is not some sort of statistically significant data set. So, you're probably correct.

But, I've played (at this point) more $20's than $30's on Stars, and suddenly, things felt familiar. Like going to an old hangout that you haven't been to in a while.

And, it just felt different. Maybe I've had too much whisky.

syka16
12-16-2004, 01:33 AM
Can anyone share there stats? I started playing 30s (55 ROI 22%)and also felt that my ROI was high enough down at the 20s to make them more profitable. I didn't stick around at the 30s long enough to answer this post.