PDA

View Full Version : Overaggressive with A7s

Ajax410
12-15-2004, 11:51 PM
I have villain as being LA-A.

Should I fold or raise this flop? I thought calling was a pretty bad option.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (5 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

River: (7 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 8 BB

Alex

DeezNutz3
12-16-2004, 12:12 AM
I find a better spot to get aggressive than TP no kicker, but then again this could get you an image that would get more action.

SCfuji
12-16-2004, 05:23 AM
i dont think its overaggressive c/ring with an A/weak vs a LA-A (one thing i would like to know is what would the BB bet on the flop?). rest is fine.

Malcom Reynolds
12-16-2004, 06:00 AM
I like it on all streets. With UTG being a LAG, you have a good chance to be ahead here. Turn and river play follow from the flop.

Nick C
12-16-2004, 06:14 AM
Ordinarily I think folding when it comes back two to you would be best. But since UTG is a LAG, I think the check/3-bet is okay.

I tend to just lead the flop in situations like this. But I can see the value of going for the checkraise instead (especially since UTG is a LAG). In fact, I think the checkraise plan is better than leading in this spot, against these opponents. I would get uncomfortable when it came back two bets to me, but your check/3-bet certainly did work out.

eagletmr
12-16-2004, 06:28 AM
I really like your line here. Going for the check raise allows you to force the big blind to face two cold, unless of course he bet and UTG call/folded. Against an LA-A it's great. Against other type players, maybe not so, but I think this is a good play in this situation. I don't like leading on this flop and I don't like folding it either.

bisonbison
12-16-2004, 06:32 AM
what is the BB like? How loose is UTG preflop?