PDA

View Full Version : Another fish fights back...

JrJordan
12-15-2004, 11:50 PM
Villain in this hand is pretty fishy over the two orbits I've seen him (VPIP of 50, with no preflop raises so far). Comments on all streets appreciated, especially the turn and river.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, MP calls, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP folds, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

River: (6.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

EvanJC
12-15-2004, 11:52 PM
call

Schaefer
12-15-2004, 11:55 PM
Turn is not debatable...bet.

The river is debatable. I still call these but I think really good players can fold. He's fishy, he doesn't show much aggression, the only draw on the board just came in. Plus, I find a lot of these river raises to be trip 5s that he tried to be cute and slowplay. I think it's close but folding may be better. I still call because I'm not very good.

Schaefer

Alobar
12-16-2004, 12:24 AM
the turn bet is a no brainer.

The river you should check/call. The river just counterfitted any kicker with a King. The only draw on board just hit, and no worse hand is going to call you here, no better hand is folding. A bet here does absolutely nothing for you.

JrJordan
12-16-2004, 12:32 AM
Hmmm, seems to be a regular pattern with me being over aggressive on the river. I'll have to calm that down from here on out. Results: Button shows A5 for the nifty slowplay and gets the max out of me.

I'm glad that many of you pointed out that this turn bet is easy. I've been getting c/r way too often on these turn bets lately and I don't want to get passive. The reinforcement is good here. That 200 BB slide is going to turn around any minute now.

Jeff W
12-16-2004, 12:46 AM
You have an easy bet on the flop and turn.

River: I fold to the raise because I'm not good here 1/9.5 against a passive player. He probably has 555 or a flush.

Robk
12-16-2004, 02:18 AM
i hate bet/fold on the river. it risks your share in the pot for a value bet that's worth next to nothing on this board. extrapolating an opponent's preflop tendencies to postflop streets is very dangerous. surprising players will throw bluffs in on the river. i blame mike sexton for saying "it's the only way he can win!" over and over.