PDA

View Full Version : Multi-multi-tabling?

Cadence Lauren
12-15-2004, 11:19 PM
A hypothetical question (at least for now):

Say I wanted to exceed the 4-table-at-a-time limit that PartyPoker imposes. I sign up for an account at EmpirePoker and run additional tables from EP at the same time as I run 4 at PP. I already know that the two programs will run together.

Assuming:
I don't sit at the same table in both programs at the same time (which would create collusion),
and
I can handle the monitor space and memory load,
my questions are:

Can you add 4 more tables this way? I'm assuming the software doesn't track your IP and still limit you to 4 in the two programs combined. Does anyone have actual experience doing this, and know if it would cause problems with the folks who run the site (fears of collusion, even though I would keep my PP tables separate from my EP tables)?

Thanks in advance for any knowledge. I am still going to contact PartyPoker's customer service before I try it (and I won't try it for another few weeks at least), and I will post their response to this thread as well.

surfdoc
12-15-2004, 11:32 PM
About half the forum does this. No need to contact party. You just can't sit at the same table with yourself as the software prevents it.

Cadence Lauren
12-15-2004, 11:34 PM
I am only an egg.

Many thanks for the knowledge. (I knew I had come to the right place.) I will now spontaneously combust.

MicroBob
12-15-2004, 11:38 PM
What he said.
Many many players do this.

If you try to sit at a table where you are already seated you'll get a little pop-up saying that 'we have detected that someone from your ISP or other account is already seated at this table' or something like that.

I'm only a 4-6 table kind of guy these days (and am currently just playing 2 tables because I've got a cold and my head weighs about 57 lbs.)....but there are quite a few players on here who play 6-8 tables at a time on party and a skin.

not sure how many play more than 9+ tables (by adding another skin on top of that) but it certainly has been done.

MycroftX
12-15-2004, 11:44 PM
awe, don't do that.