PDA

View Full Version : The Matador

Non_Comformist
12-15-2004, 10:41 PM
I expect him to dominate the poker world because if you get in his he will take you out.

kerssens
12-15-2004, 10:51 PM
I thought this was gonna be about Tito Santana.

hudat
12-15-2004, 11:31 PM
Only weeks until players named "Matador420" and the like start popping up on the sites.

Non_Comformist
12-15-2004, 11:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously though Tito was a damn good Intecontinental Champion. Also a decent tag team champion as a member of Strike Force

Matador420
12-16-2004, 12:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Only weeks until players named "Matador420" and the like start popping up on the sites.

[/ QUOTE ]

and I <font color="black"> will </font>take the imposters out 1 by 1.

The Matador

kerssens
12-16-2004, 12:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously though Tito was a damn good Intecontinental Champion. Also a decent tag team champion as a member of Strike Force

[/ QUOTE ]

His figure-4 battles with Greg "The Hammer" Valentine were legendary.

Non_Comformist
12-16-2004, 12:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

His figure-4 battles with Greg "The Hammer" Valentine were legendary.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh [censored], now I know you were a true fan. Very Nice

It was sad what happened to him with the costume and all during the attitude era.

If I remember right he really only served as a bridge champion between The Hammer and the The Macho Man

kerssens
12-16-2004, 12:23 AM
I had one of his clay figure guys when I was little.....he was always good to throw at people cause his arms and legs would do damage...King Kong Bundy was the other good one because it was hard as a rock.

Non_Comformist
12-16-2004, 12:28 AM
Are you talking about the original WWF actions figures which were basically completely immmobile and stood about 6-9 inches tall?

I had Bundy as well, along with Hogan and Savage

I found the NWA action figues to be better because you could move their arms and legs. The draw back they all had identical body builder bodies.

kerssens
12-16-2004, 12:29 AM
yeah, and the plastic ring would always crack in the middle....Ricky Steamboat had the claw grip, was always the champion at my house.

Non_Comformist
12-16-2004, 12:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
yeah, and the plastic ring would always crack in the middle....Ricky Steamboat had the claw grip, was always the champion at my house.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never got the ring (cheap ass parents)

Did Mr. Wonderful have a figure because I think I remember having him but it may just be wishful thinking. I always wanted Andre the Giant (his fugure as of his skinny days) and Big John Stud.

I always found myself rooting for Bobby The Brain and his latest henchman over Hulk Hogan when watching the WWF, but I always wanted Cobra to win as well.

kerssens
12-16-2004, 12:38 AM
Mr. Wonderful was flexing his biceps.....wasn't convenient for doing the piledriver....80's wrestling ruled!! Koko B. Ware came with the parrot.

offTopic
12-16-2004, 12:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"Isn't that Tito Santana's sister? Arriba McIntyre?"

- Bobby Heenan on Reba McIntyre, WWF's choice to sing the national anthem at WrestleMania 8, WWF Prime Time Wrestling, 1992

kerssens
12-16-2004, 12:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

- Bobby Heenan on Reba McIntyre, WWF's choice to sing the national anthem at WrestleMania 8, WWF Prime Time Wrestling, 1992

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL..

Non_Comformist
12-16-2004, 12:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Classic Heenan, great post /images/graemlins/grin.gif

youtalkfunny
12-16-2004, 08:41 PM
JESSE VENTURA: Nice move by Chico Santana...

GORILLA MONSOON: His name is Tito Santana.

JESSE VENTURA: That's what I said, Chico.

(I had never heard the "Arriba McIntyre" line before. Hilarious.)

kerssens
12-16-2004, 08:42 PM
I remember Bobby Heenan calling him "Chico Banana"

Dynasty
12-16-2004, 09:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If I remember right he really only served as a bridge champion between The Hammer and the The Macho Man

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not accurate. Tito had two Intercontinental title reigns. He had a long feud with the Magnificent Muraco a couple years earlier and won his first title from him. Tito then lost it to Valentine and later won it back before eventually losing to Savage.

My earliest memories of wrestling include Tito Santanta as a tag team champion with Ivan Putski.

JoeU
12-16-2004, 10:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
y earliest memories of wrestling include Tito Santanta as a tag team champion with Ivan Putski.

[/ QUOTE ]

God that brings back memories. When we first got cable, we used to get WWOR from NY. We'd stay up until midnight on Saturdays to watch wrestling. My great grandmother was a huge fan. Her favorite was Dusty Rhodes. My brother loved Tony Atlas. I, of course, backed the champ Bob Backlund. He was champ for over 5 years you know.

Bruno Sanmartino and Cheif Jay Strongbow were classic!

Thanks for the memories (now I really feel old!).

Joe