PDA

View Full Version : Two short stack bubble hands

Gramps
12-15-2004, 08:42 PM
$215 SNG on Party/Empire. Blinds just went up. I think I may have made a mistake on both of these. Are these close decisions one way or the other, or no?

BB in the first hand has literally been playing not to lose (and all indications are he will continue playing that way) - UTG has picked up on that and appropriately been raping the table of blinds by pushing every single hand - and it's probably to his advantage to lose this hand (if it stays 4 player), so he can whittle the 2nd stack down towards the bottom two stacks. So...no reason to think he's not playing any two here as well (the limp is a first, but so is the BB all-in situation - maybe that's extra info, maybe it's not).

Hand #1

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t500 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG (t6880)
Button (t2140)
Hero (t680)
BB (t300) <font color="red"> all-in this hand </font>

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls t500, Button folds, Hero...(complete + see flop, fold, push)?

Only way I finish 4th if I get all-in is if BB beats both UTG and I, and UTG beats me. If I'm all-in and beat UTG only, BB has 900 chips and is in SB next hand (and will probably fold, leaving him with 650 after that), and I will have 760 and be on the button next hand. If I fold and BB wins, he has 850 and I have 430.

Hand #2

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t500 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

SB (t6450)
BB (t2140)
Hero (t760)
Button (t650)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
Hero...?

I can fold here, fold my BB, and my SB, leaving me with 10 chips and forcing the Button (Who was BB in hand #1) all-in first. Should I do that, or make a play here? (I assume the BB in this hand will call with any two cards)

syka16
12-15-2004, 10:50 PM
1. fold
2. Push

stripsqueez
12-15-2004, 11:09 PM
hand 1 you say that UTG has been pushing every hand put he limps this hand ? - perhaps this is the time to be scared - why would UTG play at all given that he cant steal the blinds this hand ?

i fold - your reasoning doesnt include more than the prospect of coming third

on the second hand i push - i dont fold a hand this good unless i have a very clear oppotunity to make money by so doing and this isnt clear enough - the enhanced prospects of coming first or second should i win is a good enough reason to push

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

rachelwxm
12-16-2004, 11:50 AM
hand 1 if UTG is pushing everyhand before and only limp on this one, it's a clear fold since if he want to protect bubble he need to push here to.

hand 2 if you do fold bb and sb leaving you 10 chips, any odds the other short stack getting while forcing all in is going to crush your ITM dream. The added benefit of moving higher is certainly make this more attractive.