PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a good reclining chair.

jedi
12-15-2004, 08:12 PM
So I'm re-doing my living room and I'm looking for the chair that I can enjoy for the rest of my life. I'd like one that's comfortable of course, one that reclines, and one that even has a tray or a cup holder for my snacks and drinks.

Any recommendations on where to look?

jedi
12-15-2004, 09:03 PM
Bump (before this gets buried)

stabn
12-15-2004, 09:37 PM
Is there any choice for a top of the line recliner other than:

la-z-boy (http://www.lazboy.com/ourfurniture/catalog.aspx?cid=1)

ArchAngel71857
12-15-2004, 11:31 PM
gimme a day and I'll get back to you. Seriously, i have an awesome chair but it'll take me a bit to find out where to get it.

-AA

jakethebake
12-15-2004, 11:59 PM
for some reason i prefer the big overstuffed chair with an ottoman to a recliner. anyone else?

Brian
12-16-2004, 12:36 AM
If money isn't an issue...

The most comfortable chair I have ever sat in.... (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1093469585290&skuId=5823111&type=pr oduct)

For 1k each, they better be the most comfortable chair I've ever sat in. I plan on getting 2 of them in a couple of months. Try one out at your local Best Buy. Watson's has a similiar brand for a few hundred less.

-Brian

jedi
12-16-2004, 02:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]

The most comfortable chair I have ever sat in.... (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1093469585290&skuId=5823111&type=pr oduct)

For 1k each, they better be the most comfortable chair I've ever sat in. I plan on getting 2 of them in a couple of months. Try one out at your local Best Buy. Watson's has a similiar brand for a few hundred less.

-Brian

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, this looks really good. I'll see what AA comes up with, but I'm defintely going to make a trip over to Best Buy to take a look at this one.

tolbiny
12-16-2004, 02:25 AM
Harbor Town- Style 532 (page 5 in the above list)
My brother and i each own one of these. The thinkg about this chair is the manner in which the feet recline in terrific proportion to the rest of the body. When you begin to lean back the entire chair slides forward allowing for many comfortable positions.
Drawback- Somewhat Underpadded armrests and no cup/snack holders.
Price range around 700 bucks.
Extrememly comfotable for a chair.

My favorite seat in the house is the reclining couch we have from lazy-boy. Great sprawling room.

Of the 7 places to seat yourself in our living room only one doesn't recline- the middle seat on the couch.

MarkL444
12-16-2004, 03:15 AM
for some reason i find the thought of getting a chari at best buy a little weird.

jedi
12-16-2004, 11:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
for some reason i find the thought of getting a chari at best buy a little weird.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, it's home entertainment, right? I'm happy that it has the cupholder that I'm looking for. Now if I can only get a built-in tray with that.

jakethebake
12-16-2004, 11:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I find the thought of getting a chair with a built in cupholder a little tacky.

tripdad
12-16-2004, 03:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

-Brian

[/ QUOTE ]

berkline is junk. you will be sorry in a few years if you buy this chair. you are throwing your $$$ away.

cheers!

tripdad
12-16-2004, 04:00 PM
La-Z-Boy is clearly the cream of the crop when it comes to recliners. they INVENTED the recliner, and have the best product on the market. all other brands are basically knock-offs.

LZB is the ONLY recliner that has:

A) the ability to customize the amount of effort it takes to ease into a reclining position.(adjustable tension)

B) a 4-sided unibody frame(for durability...all others are 3-sided frames)

C) a back and footrest that operate independently. LZB is the only recliner you can recline without putting your feet up.

D) total lumbar support in ALL reclining positions. ALL OTHER BRANDS, when you recline, the back of the chair "breaks away" from the seat, causing you to lose all lumbar support.

E) a locking footrest. this prevents drooping or sagging. especially important for those with long or heavy legs. ALL OTHER RECLINERS have footrests which are retracted with your legs....they do not lock in the upright position.

F) 18 DIFFERENT footrest heights available(rocking recliners only), along with 3 different positions to lock your footrest.

FACT: 90% of ALL recliner manufacturers use a mechanism built by the SAME COMPANY (Leggett & Platt), and they operate basically the same. LZB manufactures their own mechanisms, and they are the ONLY ONES visually and operationally distinct from the rest.

cheers!

(yes, i am in the furniture business...no, i do not work for L-Z-Boy.

cheers!

ArchAngel71857
12-16-2004, 04:41 PM
Right now, all i know is it is from the Leather center in Carrollton, Texas. this place may have gone out of business, but if it hasn't, you should definitely look into getting one of these. It puts all other chairs to shame.

-AA

jedi
12-16-2004, 06:57 PM
[quote

berkline is junk. you will be sorry in a few years if you buy this chair. you are throwing your $$$ away.

cheers!

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is that? (Other than the pro-Lazy Boy comments above)