PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Drinking game

thatpfunk
12-15-2004, 07:40 PM
Whats yours?

I have to go with Beer Pong.

If you have the right people, Kings Cup can be thoroughly entertaining as well.

dr. klopek
12-15-2004, 07:43 PM
King's cup cuz I played it the most. I always liked those games where you pick something in a movie or T.V. show that happens a lot and drink every time it does. This is when the "game" aspect becomes purely ceremonial.

spamuell
12-15-2004, 07:44 PM
Shot glass chess is quite fun.

The best is when you sacrifice pawns purely to get your opponent more drunk so you will win.

thatpfunk
12-15-2004, 07:46 PM
One of my most inoxicated nights was watching Monty Pythons Holy Grail and taking a shot of Popov vodka everytime they did the coconut sound for horse hooves. We did not last long but it was pretty funny.

ThaSaltCracka
12-15-2004, 07:47 PM
I have played a bunch, but I can't remember any of them.

kerssens
12-15-2004, 07:48 PM
is Century Club considered a game?

wayabvpar
12-15-2004, 07:49 PM
I just posted mine in the bender thread- Mexicali. Great game.

Victor
12-15-2004, 07:51 PM
I got a game.

Its called 1...2...3

CHUG

ThaSaltCracka
12-15-2004, 07:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
is Century Club considered a game?

[/ QUOTE ]yeah, I guess, but there are several more fun.

Sponger15SB
12-15-2004, 07:57 PM
I'd have to go with Kings, but only because me and my friends played it so much.

Beer Pong is sweet, my and my roomates bought a gross of ping pong balls because they keep rolling under our fence and off the cliff behind our house.

illunious
12-15-2004, 08:05 PM
F--k the dealer (link (http://www.newspeakdictionary.com/dg-ftd.html)). I like trying to read people, when they're not aware that you're watching for 'tells' you can guess pretty damn accurately.

Century club is a close 2nd.

sthief09
12-15-2004, 08:14 PM
wanna play a drinking game?
sure, what's it called?
drink the beer!
ok, what do I win?
another beer!

drinking games suck. pong is fine, but those stupid games like kings just suck. they take too long to get you drunk

spamuell
12-15-2004, 08:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
drinking games suck. pong is fine, but those stupid games like kings just suck. they take too long to get you drunk

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never played kings (or maybe I have by another name) but drinking games don't suck.

It's because you're American, so you're actually younger than a European of the same age in terms of alcohol. If you'd been drinking like a healthy child should since you were a pre-teen then you'd realise how boring just getting drunk is and how games often make it more fun.

Bukem_
12-15-2004, 08:25 PM
Quarters.

Any game where you can add rules to make people drink more and be forced to do stupid things is good.

ethan
12-15-2004, 08:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Whats yours?

[/ QUOTE ]

The Big Lebowski drinking game.

Drink any time anyone says "dude"

thatpfunk
12-15-2004, 08:42 PM
The "dude rule" is usually implemented when we play kings. It is really hard to not say dude (Im not sure what that says about me.

Other good rules are no pointing, rename people american gladiator names, no drink drank or drunk, no swearing, and repeating your last word.

kings can seriously get fun with a bunch of good rules floating around. If you carry your rules over to a 2nd game you are usually in for a good night.

illunious
12-15-2004, 09:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Drink any time anyone says "dude"

[/ QUOTE ]

In the Big Lebowski drinking game I played, drink every time someone swears.

Ponks
12-15-2004, 10:11 PM
Family Guy rocks!

Ponks

Ponks
12-15-2004, 10:14 PM
My favorite is a game called Jerry's Kids.

You set up 3 shot glasses of beer in front of you. Using only one hand you have to finish all 3 shots and have the last glass hit the table before the person ahead of you can roll doubles. If they roll doubles you have to finish all 3 shots and then load three more up until you can finish before they roll doubles. If you have a lot of people you can get 6 glasses going at once and they can catch up to people too. One night, I'd probably had about 80 shots and then went on the worst run ever. I had to take 57 shots in a row (prob 20 mins or so), I puked around 40 something and finished my turn out with 57. An average turn with fast rollers is probably like 9 shots of beer.

Ponks

spamuell
12-15-2004, 10:21 PM
Ponks, you sound like a pu[/i]ssy.

Does anyone know how many shots there are in a pint?

ThaSaltCracka
12-15-2004, 10:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]have you ever done 100 shots of beer in 100 minutes? If not, then try it and come back and tell us all how far you got.

spamuell
12-15-2004, 10:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]have you ever done 100 shots of beer in 100 minutes? If not, then try it and come back and tell us all how far you got.

[/ QUOTE ]

It sounds very easy, I'm going to Scotland for a week on Sunday so I'll do it one night then and report back. Does it actually make a difference that it's in shot glasses? It would be much easier to just drink that many pints, I can't imagine it would be more than about 10.

ThaSaltCracka
12-15-2004, 10:31 PM
yes, it does make a difference. One shot(1.5oz) of beer, every minute. It sounds waaaaaay easier than it is. For refrence, my best is 164 shots, and I was hammered. trust me, this will not be easy, and I strongly urge you and some friends to do it. Be ready to throw up, seriously.

kerssens
12-15-2004, 10:33 PM
I got 102.

spamuell
12-15-2004, 10:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
For refrence, my best is 164 shots

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow that's like 12 pints, pretty impressive. I don't know if I want to try to beat that, every time I've drunk more than that before I really wished I hadn't.

I'll go for the 100 shot challenge though, sounds fun.

ThaSaltCracka
12-15-2004, 10:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I got 102.

[/ QUOTE ]the next closest to him was 65, I think.

kerssens
12-15-2004, 10:36 PM
He almost fell in the fire a couple times.

ThaSaltCracka
12-15-2004, 10:37 PM
164 shots = 20.5 12 oz beers.

Pint is about 16 oz.s right?

so around 15 pints.

PhatTBoll
12-15-2004, 10:38 PM
beer darts and whales tails are cool.

The only problem with whales tails is that it's virtually impossible for a group of new players to pick it up quickly.

spamuell
12-15-2004, 10:39 PM
I don't know. I'm confusing ounces and fluid ounces.

PoBoy321
12-15-2004, 10:41 PM
My favorite Kings rule is "Big man/Little man." You have to pretend that there's either a big man or a little man sitting on your drink. Every time you have to drink, you have to pretend to take either the little man or the big man off your drink (if it's a big man, it's like you put your arms wide and act like it's really heavy, if it's little man, you just take your 2 fingers and take him off). By the end of the night, it's just ridiculous watching your drunk friends pretending to take little people off of their cups and getting yelled at when they forget.

kerssens
12-15-2004, 10:42 PM
sounds kinda like viking

PoBoy321
12-15-2004, 10:42 PM
What's Viking?

kerssens
12-15-2004, 10:47 PM
everybody sits in a circle and the viking points out somebody who has to carry on like an idiot while the people next to him have to row to the outside...if you row to the wrong side you have to drink....probably nothing like what you were talking about.

PoBoy321
12-15-2004, 10:51 PM
My favorite drinking game is Circles of Death. You take a deck of cards and divide it into 3 piles and set each of the piles up in a circle. One circle is the single circle, one is the double and the 3rd is the triple. Now everyone sits around the 3 cirlces of cards and they take turns picking a card from the deck. Before you pick the card, you have to guess its color (red or black, duh). If you guess right, you can take the number on the card, multiply it by the number of the circle and give them out to your friends however you want (e.g. if you guess right and pick an 8 from the double circle, you have 16 seconds, so you can give 16 to one person, 4 to 4 people, 15 to one and 1 to another, etc). Of course, if you guess wrong, you have to drink for that amount of time. It's a lot of fun and you'll definitely get pretty trashed pretty quick, especially when you guess wrong and pick an Ace out of the triple circle. 42 seconds of chugging. Ouch.

plaster8
12-15-2004, 10:51 PM
At WSU, doing 100 shots in 100 minutes was simply called "The 100 Club." The "Century Club" was drinking 100 beers in a weekend.

I did the first, but never tried the second. Don't know if I could have handled 33 beers Friday, Saturday and Sunday -- and snuck an extra one in somewhere. And I was pretty prolific in my prime.

As for the 100 Club, the second time I tried it was about a half-hour after a buddy and I split a pepperoni pizza. Not recommended. I made it to 45 before losing the pizza.

It really is a bitch, though -- even if you haven't had pizza. The first 40-50 shots go down really quick, but then the shot glass seems to start getting bigger and the minute between each shot starts getting shorter. By the end, it feels like you have to drink a pint each minute. You're taking sips out of a shot glass. It's pathetic.

And, of course, it goes without saying that you are not allowed to visit the bathroom before your 100th shot.

Edge34
12-15-2004, 10:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
F--k the dealer (link (http://www.newspeakdictionary.com/dg-ftd.html)). I like trying to read people, when they're not aware that you're watching for 'tells' you can guess pretty damn accurately.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've pissed a few people off by guessing right getting those "tells". Or at least, I convinced them of that since they know I play poker...a lot. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Edge34
12-15-2004, 10:56 PM
How has Presidents and Assholes not been mentioned?

Or assuming it gets censored, we'll just call it P and A.

PhatTBoll
12-15-2004, 11:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How has Presidents and Assholes not been mentioned?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because it's impossible to get drunk when you play it well.

Ponks
12-15-2004, 11:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure how many shots are in a pint, but I had about 140 shots in 2-2 1/2 hours (with 57 on them being in 20-30 mins. Keep in mind this is just pregaming before we go out to the bars. It's just a fun game, not something you do all night and see how long you can go, although that would be fun too. Once I got to the bars I probably only had 3-4 more beers over the next 3 hours and I was pretty trashed. Atleast I kept going on and finished my turn.

Ponks

ThaSaltCracka
12-15-2004, 11:05 PM
what? No bathroom?

Ponks
12-15-2004, 11:07 PM
That's harsh with no bathroom break. How the hell am I supposed to tell how drunk I am if I cant see how clear my piss is /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Ponks

WDC
12-15-2004, 11:08 PM
in college we made Jenga into a drinking game by writing instructions on the tiles. Otherwise it was quarters.

mmbt0ne
12-15-2004, 11:12 PM
I've been told this is the wrong name, but I don't care.

Drunk Driver.

Round 1: Deal out a triangle of cards (5,4,3,2,1). Deal out the remaining cards to the players. Flip over one card at a time, starting at the 5 row, going all the way across, then 4 row, etc. As each card is flipped, if a person has a card of the same rank, they put it down, and anyone else in the game to drink X drinks. If you have 2 cards of the same rank, double the amount you give out. If you tell someone to drink the wrong amount, you have to drink the right amount, plus your mistaken amount.
5th row - 1 drink
4th row - 3 drinks
3rd row - 6 drinks
2nd row - 9 drinks
1st row - 12 drinks
Whoever has the most cards at the end loses, and has to play round 2. It gets fun when people try to be tricky, and save cards for the later rows, and end up getting screwed because everyone else did the same thing.

Round 2: Lay out 7 cards face down. Flip them over one by one and drink accordingly.
J - 1 drink, 1 new card face down
Q - 2 drinks, 2 new cards face down
K - 3 drinks, 3 new cards face down
A - 4 drinks, 4 new cards face down

The best game to start a night with, Follow the 2:

Deal out the cards one at a time, moving around the table. When the first 2 is dealt out, that person keeps it. Now we start counting, but since there's only a 2, he says "2", he takes a drink, and it's over. Now, deal out cards starting with the person to the '2' guy's right, and stop when you deal out a 3. There's a '2' guy and a '3' guy now, so start counting again.
"2", first guy drinks, "3", second guy drinks, over.
Start dealing again to the right of the '3' guy, when you deal out a 4, repeat from the top.
"2", drink, "3", drink, "4", drink.
You get the idea. You go all the way up to A. Then go back down, looking for an A again, so the order is 23456789TJQKAAKQJT98765432. At this point, you drink any time your card shows up on the up, or the down. For instance, if you have a K, you would drink on both the up K, and the down K. If someone has 2 of the same rank, they're drinking 2 counts both on both the up count, and the down count. AA would be 4 straight counts then.
If you play this with more than 5 or 6 people, it's no good since the cards will usually be distributed fairly evenly.

bosoxfan
12-15-2004, 11:14 PM
Beer Die (http://www.realbeer.com/fun/games/games-190.php), there is no substitute

Sweaburg
12-15-2004, 11:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what? No bathroom?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah no bathroom breaks...adds a little extra challenge.

A friend of mine thought he it would be fun to do a century club of Olde English while we did "the pussys version" with beer. Drinking malt liquor is never fun. Trying to drink 100 shots of it in 100 mins is just plain retarted.

Edge34
12-15-2004, 11:19 PM
If I'm reading this right, you're describing "Ride The Bus". Close enough.

Similar to drunk driver, because whoever loses is definitely going to be "riding the bus".

Ponks
12-15-2004, 11:20 PM
That's a pretty fun game, hopefully you get a decent partner, otherwise you're screwed. Wish I got to play this more often, but we never have a big enough table at school. I've never heard of the Buzz rule, just the Bizz.

Ponks

Alobar
12-15-2004, 11:29 PM
speed quaters. I am the best quaters player I have ever seen. I would back that up with cash and give odds.

Alobar
12-15-2004, 11:38 PM
100 beers in a weekend would be tough! In my prime the most I ever had in one night was about 40, and the last thing i wanted to do the next day was drink.

The 100 shots in 100 minutes is fun. I was one of those people that thought it was going to be laughibly easy, so I had a good buzz going before I started, big mistake! I felt fine until about 86, and then those last 14 minutes about killed me, but I made it! We allowed piss breaks, but if you wernt back in time for your shot you were out. You wernt allowed to throw up for a full half hour after you finished 100 (if you made it that far), otherwise you didnt get credit for being a member of the club.

TimM
12-16-2004, 12:02 AM
My friend Kelly claims to invented the Roxanne game. You listen to the song, and take a swig whenever you hear the name. It's easy at first but gets a bit tougher near the end.

ethan
12-16-2004, 12:27 AM
[quotehave you ever done 100 shots of beer in 100 minutes? If not, then try it and come back and tell us all how far you got.

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming you get to go to the bathroom in the meantime, this is really easy.

ThaSaltCracka
12-16-2004, 01:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[quotehave you ever done 100 shots of beer in 100 minutes? If not, then try it and come back and tell us all how far you got.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I found it very easy(with bathroom break) and actually the people I was with told me I couldn't stop till I puked. I got to 164, as totally hammered and asked if I could stop. I was no where near puking either. That was one of the drunkest I have ever been.

ethan
12-16-2004, 01:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I found it very easy(with bathroom break) and actually the people I was with told me I couldn't stop till I puked. I got to 164, as totally hammered and asked if I could stop. I was no where near puking either. That was one of the drunkest I have ever been.

[/ QUOTE ]

200 shots is a real challenge. It's certainly feasible, but requires a reasonable tolerance. Same for 100 beers in a weekend. That's about 2/3 of a keg.

ThaSaltCracka
12-16-2004, 01:56 AM
I am pretty sure I could do 100 in a weekend. Pretty sure I have to.

200 in 200 minutes, sounds awful. Kerssens can elaborate as to how drunk I was after 164.

plaster8
12-16-2004, 01:56 AM
I think I'd die if I tried to do 100 beers in a weekend now. Oh, to be young again ... I used to be able to do a fifth and a half-rack in a night, no problem.

Cyrus
12-16-2004, 04:20 AM
A game of chess is played between two teams. A drink of choice, pre-selected, will be downed in one go by a member of the team that loses a piece or a pawn or gets checked. Check-mate means every member of the losing team gets a drink down. Best out of five games.

I have played it on a sunny island a long, long time ago and I managed to get everyone, myself included, suitably wasted. (You bet your ass it was a gambit opening.)

Alobar
12-16-2004, 04:49 AM
I've played it, except that when you take a piece it is YOU that has to drink. This way it evens the playing field. the better you are, the quicker you get drunk, the more your game suffers.

cockandbull
12-16-2004, 04:51 AM
A few favs of mine, "21", best played with 4/5 people after a curry or something. You can either say one number (keeps the game going in the same direction) or two (sends it back the other way) first one to say 21 has to drink two fingers of beer. Once everyone gets the idea of the game you start swapping numbers over and changing certain numbers for words etc.

you have to say the mumbers in order i.e 1 2 3 rather than just jumping st8 in with 1 - 2 - 21 (i drink)

I'm not sure what this games called, we played it on a beach in oz. It's great to play if noone knows the game. You get everyone sitting in a circle and have a leader (who knows how to play), you have three choices 1 up 1 down, 2 up or 2 down (its how their sitting, either 1 arm up, 1 down etc. anyway you sell the game on some sort of code, tell people to watch what the other people before have said and try to work out which part of the code they have to say. As people take their drink they tend to sit down in a different position, so i allways changes. Once a few people work it out it turns into great fun watching people have a hard time trying to work it out.

I'm sure someone else must have played this, so if i didnt explain it very well feel free to jump in.

SuitedSixes
12-16-2004, 05:13 AM
Driking Jenga is the absolute winner. I have never played it without seeing
A) Boobs
B) Chicks making out with each other.

Lawrence Ng
12-16-2004, 09:44 AM
Here's a fantastic drinking game if you got like 5+ people.

It's called Fuzzy Duck/Ducky Fuzz.

The game starts with everyone sitting around a circle.

One player starts by saying either Fuzzy Duck to the player on the right. Then the next player says the same - Fuzzy Duck. This can keep going on till one player says BUZZ.

Then the action goes around the other way to the left and that player to left says Ducky Fuzz. This continues again till someone says BUZZ.

When this happens the action is once again reversed going to the right where the person must say Fuzzy Duck.

As soon as someone screws up, acts out of turn, says the wrong line - they are eliminated from the circle and must take a sip of whatever they are drinking.

The game gets very interesting as the night wears on because

1. People say the strangest things when intoxicated
2. You can add variations to it. For instance during the 3 round of the game we made it so no one could laugh at all during the game. if you luaghed, you had to drink. And trust me you will laugh your head off playing this with a good mix of guys and girls.

Lawrence

beerbandit
12-16-2004, 10:11 AM
not to much into drinking games -- unless the girls get naked

maybe a$$hole or ice cube tray races

drinking is fun

Rick Diesel
12-16-2004, 10:35 AM
I definitely agree with Beer Pong.

I notice that most chicks seem to really like Flip Cup.

R.D.

jakethebake
12-16-2004, 11:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
One of my most inoxicated nights was watching Monty Pythons Holy Grail and taking a shot of Popov vodka everytime they did the coconut sound for horse hooves. We did not last long but it was pretty funny.

[/ QUOTE ]
You can do that with a lot of TV shows too. We used to do it with the Simpsons. Drink everytime Homer said Doh! Drink whenever he chokes Bart. etc. etc. Lots of shows are good for this.

mmbt0ne
12-16-2004, 01:34 PM
That sounds a lot like a game we play in our Circle of Death. You count out numbers (1,2,3,4,etc) and any time you get to a 7 or a multiple of 7 that person says "BUZZ" and it starts going in the opposite direction. The best are places like 27, 28 since they're both BUZZ. That really gets people screwed up. We've never reached the 70's (we've had 8 people forget to BUZZ 63, it's a killer), but when we do, then it'll get confusing.

Aces McGee
12-16-2004, 01:43 PM
-Beer Chess (played with actual beers as chess pieces -- you generally have to build your own board)\
-Drink Bitch

Am I the only one who thinks Beer Pong is played like actual ping pong with drinking, and Beirut is the game in which you try to throw ping pong balls into pyramids of Solo cups?

Finally, I am really glad to see that Cardinal Puff has not made it into this thread. Man, do I hate that game.

-McGee