PDA

View Full Version : True Poker....Review

tripdad
12-15-2004, 06:28 PM
just last week, i decided to sign up on TruePoker. i did so because of another thread on this forumn stating that you could pay $20 for an hour of tutorial with Sklansky/Malmouth. apparently, you e-mail them of your interest, and when 10 people e-mail, you sit at a $3/6 real $$$ table for 1 hour and play. all your HH's are sent to Sklansky/Malmouth for review. 2 weeks later, they send commentary on your play.

well, i e-mailed explaining i was interested in this service. for 5 days now, i get no response at all.

in the mean-time, i get a $100 bonus (30% i think). i'm playing 2 tables at a time. i would play more, but it is kind of hard to follow the action given the 3-D nature of the software. 300 hands, and seemingly HOURS UPON HOURS of playing, i clear all of $10 of the bonus(playing $4/8 6-max and very little $2/4 full ring). the software is kinda cool looking, but it is so slow, i really could not stand it. the games were quite soft, and i profited $165.00 in the short time i played, but i can't play there anymore. i cashed out my $500 last night.

i still gotta clear out some bonus $$$ at absolute, so off i go, then back to Empire for the speed, easy on the eyes, soft games, and rake rebate!

i'll definitely make another deposit at True if i get a response about the Sklansky/Malmouth tutorial, but other than that, i can't imagine having a good enough reason to go back.

cheers!

Bob L
12-15-2004, 07:07 PM
Many players think true poker's software is the best.Many also like the slowness becuase its more like live play -as well its harder to go on tilt becuase you have too much time to cool down and collect your thoughts.
Personally -I agree with you -the software drives me nuts and many times I think I'm heads up in a hand and really some clown in the back has called making it 3 handed -its just that hard to see.The game moves so slow that it almost puts me on tilt.All this adds up to making true poker the only site I've never won on- so I avoid it at all costs.

GrannyMae
12-15-2004, 07:07 PM
the games were quite soft, and i profited $165.00 in the short time i played

i can't imagine having a good enough reason to go back.

i can imagine 165 reasons to go back.

Beavis68
12-15-2004, 07:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Many players think true poker's software is the best.Many also like the slowness becuase its more like live play -as well its harder to go on tilt becuase you have too much time to cool down and collect your thoughts.
Personally -I agree with you -the software drives me nuts and many times I think I'm heads up in a hand and really some clown in the back has called making it 3 handed -its just that hard to see.The game moves so slow that it almost puts me on tilt.All this adds up to making true poker the only site I've never won on- so I avoid it at all costs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, slow playing PUTS me on tilt. It is bad enough folding hand after hand, and getting outdrawn, but then haveing to wait two minutes before it happens again drives me NUTS.