PDA

View Full Version : Ridicule my weak/tightness

djoyce003
12-15-2004, 05:14 PM
MP2 is 35/5, and CO is uber fishy around 50/1.

I like my preflop limp and my flop and turn betting. I didn't think going for the flop checkraise was all that good a play so I just decided to bet it out, hoping for a few callers that would fold on the turn.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button folds.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

River: (8.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP2 folds, CO calls, Hero folds.

What a river...just about the last card I wanted to see hit the board. I'm thinking i'm behind to someone who didn't believe I had the kings and now they spiked their miracle river. I checked, planning to call a bet from MP2 if CO folded. The CO overcall pretty much guarantees me in my mind that i'm beat, I lose to anyone with an Ace here and I have to think the bettor or the caller has one.

Was this a bad laydown, the pot is laying me 10-1.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

MHarris
12-15-2004, 05:21 PM
Check-folding is not an option. I could see bet-fold to a raise, but I'd prefer to check-call.

djoyce003
12-15-2004, 06:58 PM
Yeah, I made an absolutely terrible laydown here, the bettor had king 9, so the river actually saved me, and for reasons I cannot even begin to fathom, CO called with QJ for two pair, queen kicker...they didn't even have a flush. I was just sick and was pretty sure i'd made a terrible laydown at that point, but wanted to make sure that it wasn't the results speaking.

ErrantNight
12-15-2004, 07:02 PM
i think you need to bet this hand for value on the river, in the future :-)

runa
12-15-2004, 07:16 PM
Bad fold. I don't mind the check call or even a bet-call, though I prefer the former, but I almost never fold for 1 bet in this spot.

BigBaitsim (milo)
12-15-2004, 07:42 PM
Check and make a crying call. Pot is laying 10:1 and you generally lose in this situation, even against uber-fish. Nonetheless, you win often enough to make calling a better choice.