PDA

View Full Version : Misplayed turn and river?

djoyce003
12-15-2004, 04:49 PM
Hi guys, Both opponents in this hand are LAG although I have less than 50 hands on each of them, and and probably only had about 20 hands at the time. Both are around 35/7. I like my preflop raise, and was tempted to raise the flush draw but didn't want to drive people out. I think i misplayed this pretty horribly. I don't like me not raising either the flop or the turn and I hate my river raise, what do you guys think?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (15 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (10 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP1 folds, Hero calls, SB folds, BB calls.

River: (13 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 16 BB

bisonbison
12-15-2004, 04:50 PM
raise the flop. value, free cards, possibility of folding gutshots and reverse dominating hands.

chief444
12-15-2004, 04:54 PM
I would probably cap it pf with so many opponents. But OK.

Definitely raise the flop. It's a good one for you.

Turn looks OK.

River...why would you hate the raise? I raise pretty often on the river when I hold the nuts.

djoyce003
12-15-2004, 05:01 PM
I guess I hate it because they both folded, I figured i'd get one extra bet with the raise, but they both folded. I guess it's more a results oriented hate, especially knowing what the guy on the button folded, but I thought hoping for an overcall was foolish, I thought the river bettor would at least call.