PDA

View Full Version : Incredibly annoying computer setting

mmbt0ne
12-15-2004, 04:11 PM
I'm at home for Christmas break and on my mom's new computer. What's really pissing me off is that all of the icons on the desktop, and in folders act as links. What I mean is that if I click on it once, windows runs that file, or goes to that folder. I want to get back to my old double-clicking ways.

Thanks for any help.

TylerD
12-15-2004, 04:21 PM
Open "My Computer" --> Tools --> Folder Options and change "Click item as follows" from single to double click.

mmbt0ne
12-15-2004, 04:22 PM
Awesome, now I won't open a file 3 times trying to delete it. Thanks.

Freakin
12-15-2004, 04:36 PM
Thats easily the worst "feature" microsoft ever came up with. "Hey, I know what! Everyone knows how to use web pages, so lets make the WHOLE COMPUTER feel like a web page! Oh, and lets program it so piss poorly that it crashes every 27 minutes."

Freakin

Peca277
12-15-2004, 07:09 PM
My laptop's left "mouse" button sticks a bit so the single click is a lifesaver. When I have an external mouse attached I do agree the annoyingness level is extreme.

moondogg
12-15-2004, 07:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My laptop's left "mouse" button sticks a bit so the single click is a lifesaver. When I have an external mouse attached I do agree the annoyingness level is extreme.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't have a Compaq by any chance, do you?

I got that same sticky left button and it drove me friggin nutz. Made a single-click damn near impossible (I would often do a triple-click, which worked just as well in many cases).

What I end up spending on the external mouse, I saved in Tums and Excedrin.

Still, I refuse to use a web-influenced interface outside of a website.

TobDog
12-15-2004, 08:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh, and lets program it so piss poorly that it crashes every 27 minutes."

[/ QUOTE ]

You got some new setting that makes it last that long between crashes? Please share...