PDA

View Full Version : TT flops trips, but scary board

KillerDucky
12-15-2004, 02:16 PM
MP1 is tight preflop and passive postflop. Button is loose preflop, not sure about postflop play. Generally the entire table never seem to check a flop through.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif. CO posts a blind of $0.75.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, SB folds, Hero checks.

Flop: (7 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 folds, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button calls.
So I flop trip tens, but there is a flush draw and made straights or straight draws possible. I decided to try to knock out some players by going for check-raise.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, Button calls.

River: (9.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Button calls, Hero ...

Good value bets on turn and river? I guess I have to call the raise?

chief444
12-15-2004, 02:22 PM
I would just bet the flop and 3-bet if possible. Turn bet...definitely. River would be an easy 3-bet for me if MP1 wasn't passive. Even then I think it's close between 3-betting and calling.

bigchips
12-15-2004, 02:29 PM
(take what I say with a grain of salt - wishing to compare my views with those of others)

PF: Raise with TT on BB.
Flop: Bet/3Bet
Turn: ok
Bet/Call river (you are probably beat by a straight if you get raised on the river, but you have to call this).