PDA

View Full Version : Lunch ideas

ThaSaltCracka
12-15-2004, 02:08 PM
Kerssens and I are getting some lunch again today, any ideas?

daryn
12-15-2004, 02:09 PM
three letters. B B Q

kerssens
12-15-2004, 02:10 PM
This is my toughest decision everyday....BBQ is a pretty good idea.

Rick Diesel
12-15-2004, 02:10 PM
the lunch buffet at the local strip club.

daryn
12-15-2004, 02:12 PM
commonly referred to as a tit and clit buffet.

PhatTBoll
12-15-2004, 02:13 PM
Pho with fat brisket, soft tendon, and bible tripe.

ThaSaltCracka
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]hmmm.... yeah it does, 3 pigs?

ThaSaltCracka
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I usually get regular beef.

kerssens
12-15-2004, 02:14 PM
jaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

ArchAngel71857
12-15-2004, 02:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

word. Don't forget the Happy Ending.

-AA

Sarge85
12-15-2004, 02:18 PM
A muffaletta sandwhich.

And no, this isn't in reply to the strip club comment, or even in the same neighborhood. It's just a freaking awesome sandwhich.

Google it if you must.

Sarge/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

PhatTBoll
12-15-2004, 02:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
word. Don't forget the Happy Ending.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was implied. You should know the routine by now.

wayabvpar
12-15-2004, 02:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jones BBQ in the Crossroads food court is really good too. I also live on Papaya's (also in the food court) pho. Mmmmm.

Or you could get some Applebee's takeout and GO OFF like Rashard did last night.

ThaSaltCracka
12-15-2004, 02:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jones BBQ in the Crossroads food court is really good too. I also live on Papaya's (also in the food court) pho. Mmmmm.

Or you could get some Applebee's takeout and GO OFF like Rashard did last night.

[/ QUOTE ]hehe, yeah I should.

Patrick del Poker Grande
12-15-2004, 02:48 PM
There is no better food under $10 than a Chipotle burrito.

ThaSaltCracka
12-15-2004, 02:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I disagree completely.

Patrick del Poker Grande
12-15-2004, 02:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Completely?

SomethingClever
12-15-2004, 03:01 PM
Have you guys ever been to Salumi in the International District?

It's run by Mario Batali's father, and he cures and smokes all his own meats.

It is the NUTS, and sandwiches are only like 5 or 6 bucks.

ThaSaltCracka
12-15-2004, 03:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Completely?

[/ QUOTE ]or some variation of that.

ThaSaltCracka
12-15-2004, 03:06 PM
never heard of it.

sfer
12-15-2004, 03:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yikes.

wayabvpar
12-15-2004, 03:15 PM
Go to Casa D's on Bellevue Way if you want a burrito. Get carne asada and chorizo (double meat). If you get a super, the thing will be the size of a small pony.

I am getting hungry even thinking about it. MMMMMMMMM.

ThaSaltCracka
12-15-2004, 03:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Go to Casa D's on Bellevue Way if you want a burrito. Get carne asada and chorizo (double meat). If you get a super, the thing will be the size of a small pony.

[/ QUOTE ]My buddy knows everyone that works there. Whenever I go there with him, I get $1 burritos /images/graemlins/cool.gif

wayabvpar
12-15-2004, 03:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]My buddy knows everyone that works there. Whenever I go there with him, I get $1 burritos /images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

If I had been paying $1 for a burrito the past few years, I could probably buy that place by now! I have been averaging at least one a week for 7-8 years.

stabn
12-15-2004, 03:50 PM
If only there was a local strip club for them to do this at /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

stabn
12-15-2004, 03:51 PM
I went in there this weekend, and they were slow as hell. After waiting about ten minutes i said [censored] it and went to the place next to fatburger.

stabn
12-15-2004, 03:54 PM
Hmm, i checked it out on citysearch, sounds like the food is good but:

[ QUOTE ]

know they had to pay for the remodel but $9.29 for a sandwich - JUST a sandwich - is too much. Sure, it's incredible, but for that price it should feed two people. I guess it's no longer the "cheap eats" spot it used to be. Mind you, I'll keep returning over and over again. Just not as frequently.

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy [censored] that's an expensive sandwhich.

IndieMatty
12-15-2004, 03:56 PM
I have never replied to someone to say they are 100% wrong ever. You sir...are 100% wrong.

Patrick del Poker Grande
12-15-2004, 04:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have never replied to someone to say they are 100% wrong ever. You sir...are 100% wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well [censored].

ThaSaltCracka
12-15-2004, 04:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I went in there this weekend, and they were slow as hell. After waiting about ten minutes i said [censored] it and went to the place next to fatburger.

[/ QUOTE ]half the time they are stoned, so be patient.

stabn
12-15-2004, 04:22 PM
I was too hungry to be patient. I'll try again sometime when no one is in line in front of me.

kerssens
12-15-2004, 04:23 PM
I like Baja Fresh better anyways

ThaSaltCracka
12-15-2004, 04:23 PM
I was serious though, half the time they are stoned.

ThaSaltCracka
12-15-2004, 04:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like Baja Fresh better anyways

[/ QUOTE ]yeah that place is pretty good, you really can't beta a dollar burrito though. I have actually only gone there with Charles.

stabn
12-15-2004, 04:25 PM
It was pretty decent. The guac i got for my burrito was overpriced, but good.

stabn
12-15-2004, 04:26 PM
They were moving pretty [censored] slow, so i guess that explains it.

Schaefer
12-15-2004, 04:26 PM
For BBQ, Dixie's is the nuts. Meet the man.

For a burrito, Gordito's is the only place to go. It's in Greenwood and the Grande Steak burrito is ridiculous. You'll only be able to eat half and then you'll save money tomorrow.

For Pho, Than Brothers is the only place to go. I also get the #1, pure eye-round steak. I don't go for the intestine or tendon or whatever.

Schaefer

stabn
12-15-2004, 04:27 PM
Did you guys eat at 3 pigs? I haven't been there, i'm assuming it's worth checking out sometime?

kerssens
12-15-2004, 04:28 PM
never had pho but I don't like it.

kerssens
12-15-2004, 04:30 PM
yeah....worth a look, I recommend a sandwich (ham, pork and turkey are all good)...the hot bbq sauce isn't very hot but tastes good.

KJS
12-15-2004, 04:31 PM
It is one of the gems of Seattle, IMO. I think you just picked my lunch for today.

Other best lunch in Seattle is Cafe Zum Zum at 3rd and Marion. Pakistani curry; 10 to choose from daily. Killer.

KJS

Popinjay
12-15-2004, 04:32 PM
Best burrito is Torero's in Crossroads. I love the #23, although it's vegetarian. The #3 if you want meat is damn good too. Oh and Taco Del Mar > Chipotle!

SomethingClever
12-15-2004, 04:34 PM
Hmm, I haven't been there in a few years, so I didn't know they remodeled. Sandwiches USED to be $5.

I'd pay $10, though, honestly.

I also used to work for Citysearch in Seattle!

ThaSaltCracka
[ QUOTE ]
For BBQ, Dixie's is the nuts. Meet the man.

For a burrito, Gordito's is the only place to go. It's in Greenwood and the Grande Steak burrito is ridiculous. You'll only be able to eat half and then you'll save money tomorrow.

For Pho, Than Brothers is the only place to go. I also get the #1, pure eye-round steak. I don't go for the intestine or tendon or whatever.

Schaefer

[/ QUOTE ]
Never been to Dixies, but 3 Pigs is pretty good.

Gorditos is way to far away, and way to enormous.

Pho is dec, but I don't ever go out of my way to get it.

KJS
It is for sure. It is also worth it.

Not somewhere to go all the time, but it is a one-of-a-kind place with some of the most delicious food you will ever have. Try going there before an M's game some time, if you can sneak in and get your sammie before they close and resist eating it until game time. You'll be eating something 10 times better than everyone around you, for the same price. That makes it seem like a value when usually it would sting you to spend that much.

KJS

KJS
12-15-2004, 04:39 PM
Agree. Agree. Agree.

Cordito's is opening another joint on the top of Queen Anne. Between there and Malena's Taco Shop, the 2 best Mexican spots in Seattle will be up there. Good for me since I live in lower QA.

Try Hole in the Wall BBQ on James near 2nd Ave downtown if you want BBQ in Seattle.

KJS

KJS
12-15-2004, 04:46 PM
Since this has changed into what food in Seattle rules:

For me, the absolute best thing you can eat in Seattle is the 1/2 chicken dinner at Paseo in Fremont. This would be my death row meal. (But I would ask for Unagi and a Spider roll from Maneki too).

All of Paseo's food (killer pork and chicken sammies, scallops or fish with spicy red sauce, 1/2 chicken, best black beans you ever had) is amazing . And not too expensive. Its on Fremont Avenue, towards Wallingford, near the buckaroo. Nearly everything is under $11--sammies for like 6 bucks--no servers and only seating for about 10. It's a Cuban joint.

KJS

offTopic
12-15-2004, 04:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. Are we talking about the same place? Yuppie burrito chain, owned by McDonald's? Find yourself a decent taqueria, the divier, the better!

SomethingClever
12-15-2004, 04:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

For me, the absolute best thing you can eat in Seattle is the 1/2 chicken dinner at Paseo in Fremont. This would be my death row meal. (But I would ask for Unagi and a Spider roll from Maneki too).

All of Paseo's food (killer pork and chicken sammies, scallops or fish with spicy red sauce, 1/2 chicken, best black beans you ever had) is amazing . And not too expensive. Its on Fremont Avenue, towards Wallingford, near the buckaroo. Nearly everything is under $11--sammies for like 6 bucks--no servers and only seating for about 10. It's a Cuban joint.

KJS

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh... I always thought about going there. I used to live in Fremont.

Does Kwanjai Thai still exist? That place used to be pretty good.

stabn
12-15-2004, 05:33 PM
I had fundidos (mexican burrito place) in redmond for lunch today since i wanted something close to work. They've changed management and are actually worse than they used to be. Sigh.

stabn
12-15-2004, 05:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I've never been to this cuban place, and if i'm ever downtown i'll check it out. I'd much rather have a 'what food on the east side rules thread' /images/graemlins/smile.gif. I usually hit seattle less than once a month.

wayabvpar
12-15-2004, 06:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Agree. Agree. Agree.

Cordito's is opening another joint on the top of Queen Anne. Between there and Malena's Taco Shop, the 2 best Mexican spots in Seattle will be up there. Good for me since I live in lower QA.

Try Hole in the Wall BBQ on James near 2nd Ave downtown if you want BBQ in Seattle.

KJS

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you tried Peso's on QA Ave? Only been there twice, but both times I was impressed. Their menu is filled with things I really wanna try. Also, it is usually packed with hotties.

nolanfan34
12-15-2004, 06:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, enough of this. Didn't we have this exact same thread last week? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

daryn
12-15-2004, 06:33 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, enough of this. Didn't we have this exact same thread last week? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

hence the word again

nolanfan34
12-15-2004, 06:36 PM
The word again, does not give the thread merit.

Come on daryn, weren't you saying you're tired of OOT being cluttered?

stabn
12-15-2004, 06:36 PM
Last weeks thread was better though...

Schaefer
12-15-2004, 06:50 PM
I'm gonna beat the dead horse...

Ah yes, Paseo is my favorite restaurant in Seattle. I had the Ahi dinner last night because they were out of bread. Fantastic.

The best sandwich is the Midnight Cuban but I like the prawn one as well. Sauteed onions, cilantro, garlic butter, aioli...AMAZING.

Tubs Subs is good because the sandwiches are bigger but they're pretty expensive. Paseo's cheaper and tastes better but it's not as big.

My fave sushi place is Musashi's because of the price and sizes. They give you fatty pieces everytime and it's dirt cheap. On 45th, right across from Olympic Pizza.

The Eating Factory is the best for all you can eat sushi though. Much better than the salty ass Todai's. Makino's in Vegas beats them all but in the Seattle area, The Eating Factory rules.

Chiptle does blow. I was inspired by this thread and went to Gordito's for lunch. I had the tofu burrito this time and it was pretty good. Not as good as the steak though.
OK I'm done.

Schaefer

KJS
12-15-2004, 06:53 PM
I've noticed the hotties but haven't tried it yet. I have a hard time paying upscale prices for Mexican. For me, the divier the better. I'm sure I'll end up there some day though, since its in the 'hood.

KJS

Patrick del Poker Grande
12-15-2004, 06:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I had the tofu burrito this time and it was pretty good.

[/ QUOTE ]
This eliminates any and all credibility you may have ever had on this topic.

KJS
12-15-2004, 06:57 PM
Have you been to Maneki in the ID? Seattle's oldest Japanese restaurant and the best sushi here, IMO. Its no Musashi's in terms of price, but I think the fish is better. And its not very pricey either. You can get a Tatami room if you have 4 or more in your party. Mmmmmmm.

Where is Tubs Subs?

FYI, The Rueben at The Other Coast Cafe in Ballard is a killer sandwich.

KJS

SomethingClever
12-15-2004, 06:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My fave sushi place is Musashi's because of the price and sizes. They give you fatty pieces everytime and it's dirt cheap. On 45th, right across from Olympic Pizza.

[/ QUOTE ]

Been there.... agreed.

ThaSaltCracka
12-15-2004, 07:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I take back what I said about you in that other thread /images/graemlins/mad.gif

stabn
12-15-2004, 07:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

The Eating Factory is the best for all you can eat sushi though

[/ QUOTE ]

No. I just don't like that place at all. Especially the hot foods, but the sushi isn't that great either.

wayabvpar
12-15-2004, 07:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ballard

[/ QUOTE ]

Bad Albert's. (http://www.inballard.com/Webroot/badalberts.shtml) Best food in Ballard, hands down (unless you wanna go way upscale, in which case Le Gourmand is best by far). Their cajun crawfish RULE. If you have never been, I implore you to try it at your earliest convenience.

ethan
12-15-2004, 08:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Given that this is far from the best _burrito_ one can find, let alone the best food, I think you're wrong.

overtly spruce
12-28-2004, 11:01 PM
The horse is, as schaefer put it, long since dead, but i would like to beat its carcass anyways. Paseos is the choicest place to get a sandwich in seattle, and the mid-night cuban is the obvious choice, don't get the streight pork sandwich. When compared to tubs the sandwhichs at the latter are larger than the former, but their price is not greater considering that one normally picks up the beans and rice at paseos, making it comparable in price. However, unfortunately they are closed for a month. There is another place that I would like to recommend over and above gordito's, and that is aqua verde on lk washington near the ave. Quite cheap, exceptional taste, homemade salsa's with complimentary chips, but it won't fill you up quite like schaefer's choice. Musashi cannot be beat.