PDA

View Full Version : QQ runs into something suspicious

Aaron W.
12-15-2004, 02:06 PM
UTG+2 is LP-P (57 VPIP/0 PFR/0.6 AG)
SB is a LAG (70/15/5.5) -- it's fun to look at, but this is only about 20 hands' worth. But from watching him, he was an obvious LAG.

I was pretty convinced that I was beat after UTG+2 did his flop call-3-bet. But after that point, I really had no idea what to do.

Flop: I didn't want to fold because I had 18:1 odds, which was 'close enough' to catch my 2-outer on the turn.
Turn: Now I'm closing the action with a Q flush draw. It's a weak draw, but LAG probably doesn't have it (he probably would have 3-bet the flop with his draw.) But UTG+2 doesn't have it either because he's a passive and wouldn't play the flop that way if had a draw then.
River: Now I'm closing the action with my Q-flush. Is it worth a raise here with such a weak one card flush? I thought not (plus I didn't want to risk getting 3-bet by SB).

Paradise Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 3-bets</font>, MP1 folds, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls.

River: (12.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15.50 BB

Yads
12-15-2004, 04:13 PM
Well UTG+2 probably is slow playing his trips. I wonder if a value raise on the river would be prifitable.

__Q__
12-15-2004, 04:27 PM
I wouldn't, that board is a little too scary. The Q flush gives you a shot at taking the pot for the one bet to call, but the SB bet out at you. It seems he wasn't affraid of of the river. I wouldn't be surprised if he had the A or K of spades. A raise would open the door to a raise and a reraise. You'd much rather play this pot for 1 bet on the river than for 3 or even 4.

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
12-15-2004, 04:49 PM
I like how you played this hand on all streets.