PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice on a home sng

Bluff Daddy
12-15-2004, 01:36 PM
Ive been playing in a $30 buy in home tourny lately. Im used to playing $10's on party and am having trouble adjusting to his structure. Everyone starts out with 500 in chips and blinds are 1/2. They only double after an hr to 2/4 then after the second hr to 4/8 and then double every thirty minutes after that. Obviously with blinds so low early on I should sit back and fold and at first it wasnt so bad and we were done in a couple of hrs. The other night we had 12 ppl and after 3 1/2 hrs 9ppl were still in. Obviosly theres no chance to make any money because of the time unless I win every time and I usually get impatient so should I just not even waste time going or does anyone have some sort of strategy

bigredlemon
12-15-2004, 01:39 PM
Sounds like the structure is set up for them to have a lot of fun cheaply, not to rake in the money.

jojobinks
12-15-2004, 01:41 PM
waiting it out is right, but you lose all your EV if everyone is doing so. at that point, it's time to talk about accelerating the blinds. i run one of these games. we start with a BB of 15 with stacks of T1000, and move them up every half hour, to 30, 45, 75, 100, etc.

exceedingly small BB is fun if you're the only one that knows what he's doing. once everyone else figures it out, then it's time to change the structure or find another game.

Benholio
12-15-2004, 01:51 PM
If you are a better player than the field, this blind structure ought to help you more than hurt you, bigtime. Just play tight and solid poker all night long and nickel and dime them.

Recently played in a barroom tourney that had a low blind structure like this and a lot of bad players, and it was like taking candy from a baby. Just sit back and play solid, and barring distaster you will be there at the end.

Now, if you are going to this game for its profitability, forget it. Not worth your time.