PDA

View Full Version : QVC

TheRake
12-15-2004, 12:51 PM
Anybody buy anything from them? I have bought several things and they are all awesome.

Northern Nights 300 thread count sheets
Northern Nights Down comforter
Cooks Essentials pots and pans
Birkenstocks(sp?)
Electronics and tools

All of it Awesome! Especially the sheets.

Flame me if you must, but it sure beats the hell out of going to the mall. I only wish they had men's clothing.

TheRake

jakethebake
12-15-2004, 12:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anybody buy anything from them? I have bought several things and they are all awesome.

Northern Nights 300 thread count sheets
Northern Nights Down comforter
Cooks Essentials pots and pans
Birkenstocks(sp?)
Electronics and tools

All of it Awesome! Especially the sheets.

Flame me if you must, but it sure beats the hell out of going to the mall. I only wish they had men's clothing.

TheRake

[/ QUOTE ]
You're a 37 year-old housewife mother of two aren't you?

daveymck
12-15-2004, 12:57 PM
You need bid up tv they always have mens clothes on, its on in the uk surprised you dont have it in the US.

TheRake
12-15-2004, 12:58 PM
Say what you will, but I stand by my statement.

beerbandit
12-15-2004, 01:02 PM
i think that everything in my grandmas house was bought off of there. she receives packages almost evryday from ups, she seems really happy with everything that shes buys off of there also. their service also seems very reasonable also -- she ahd a problem once with a product broken and they replaced it right away.

cheers
beer

kerssens
12-15-2004, 01:03 PM
QVC is alright but info-mercials are where the real finds are....especially Ronco.

Patrick del Poker Grande
12-15-2004, 01:03 PM
My mother, grandmother, and aunt all have a serious thing for QVC. They buy all this crap (and I can't emphasize the word CRAP enough) and pay at least 50% more for it than they should (assuming they should be buying it in the first place) plus whatever shipping & handling is. I berate them every time it happens and they keep on doing it. I don't understand.

Then guess what I got in a box on my front steps a couple weeks ago. A [censored] QVC box full of the most hideous old lady Christmas tree ornaments ever. Perfect.

To summarize, without fail everything I've ever seen from QVC has been total crap and/or at least 50% too expensive. I really don't understand why people continue to go for this.

jakethebake
12-15-2004, 01:04 PM
I went to an estate sale one time that was a little old lady that was a QVC addict. Her whole house was full of stuff, some of it was 4 or 5 of the same item, and most of it wasn't even opened. Hilarious! Her kids were pissed she spent their inheritence. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

bosoxfan
12-15-2004, 01:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
QVC is alright but info-mercials are where the real finds are....especially Ronco.

[/ QUOTE ]

The set it and forget it thing is great.

TheRake
12-15-2004, 01:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
To summarize, without fail everything I've ever seen from QVC has been total crap and/or at least 50% too expensive. I really don't understand why people continue to go for this.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is totally not true. Some of the things may seem like they are more expensive, but it is only because the quality is so much better. I have no idea about the jewelry and stuff like that, but everything I have purchased has been top quality.

kerssens
12-15-2004, 01:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The set it and forget it thing is great

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah yes, the Showtime Rotisserie (sp?). My friend's dad has one and apparently it works pretty well on roasts and turkey.

bosoxfan
12-15-2004, 01:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ah yes, the Showtime Rotisserie (sp?). My friend's dad has one and apparently it works pretty well on roasts and turkey.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got one a couple of years ago and whole chickens in it are fantastic.

kerssens
12-15-2004, 01:29 PM
I've also heard good things about the dehydrator....had a piece of beef jerky from it and it was real good, you aren't limited to the flavors from the store.

TheRake
12-15-2004, 01:41 PM
Seriously, which is crappier stuff? Things from QVC or this nonsense that people use 1 time and will never use again?

I'm tellin you, if you ever had a set of these sheets you would never want to use anything else. I use them every single day. Once a week I take them off to wash them and they go right back on when they come out of the dryer.

Patrick del Poker Grande
12-15-2004, 01:44 PM
QVC isn't the only place to get 300 thread-count sheets and I guarantee you can find them cheaper elsewhere. I stand by my earlier statements 100%.

CCass
12-15-2004, 03:45 PM
My wife busted her QVC cherry last night. Ordered some teflon mat that goes in the oven and helps keep the oven clean. I will report back when we receive it.

jakethebake
12-15-2004, 03:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My wife busted her QVC cherry last night. Ordered some teflon mat that goes in the oven and helps keep the oven clean. I will report back when we receive it.

[/ QUOTE ]
This had me laughing hysterically for about three minutes. A teflon oven mat! Beautiful! I'm sure John Malone thanks you for doing business with QVC...LOL.

TheRake
12-15-2004, 04:06 PM
Haha...I am not sure what to say to this.

I hope her QVC experience will be a positive one /images/graemlins/grin.gif

wayabvpar
12-15-2004, 04:16 PM
QVC is fantastic. My wife and her mother get stuff from there all the time. In fact, we bought our bed on there- the same bed would have cost us at least $300 more if we bought it at a brick and mortar store.

TheRake
12-15-2004, 04:21 PM
Glad someone agrees with me.

Clearly the others are clueless /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif

BusterStacks
12-15-2004, 06:01 PM
You guys are about to get owned. I just bought 400(!) thread-count satin sheets at amazon.com for like 60% off.

Sponger15SB
12-15-2004, 06:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
400(!) thread-count satin sheets

[/ QUOTE ]

oooo you pimp! tell me they are red, haha.