PDA

View Full Version : Rome Total Bore.

The once and future king
12-15-2004, 12:30 PM
Do not buy this game.

1. Its true name should be Rome Totaly Unfinished, as it is bug ridden.

Example: On the 3D battle map an elementry part of the game is getting your troops to run. You are supposed to double right click on the map to get your troops to run there. This dosnt work, like many other things in the game.

2. The AI sucks donkey cock. If you play this on normal difficulty then the game is just a slugfest. Make army move army fight win repeat. At no point do you even have to approach deep strategic thought as the AI puts up no resistance. I played long enough to get to the point where you have to march on Rome. Hmmm taking Rome that will be epic, I thought. WORONG, the AI only had 2 small outdated armys there that I just pissed on no contest.

The game is more challenging on Very hard, but only because the AI cheats and turns its soldiers into supermen.

Basicaly this game is pure eye candy with no real content once you dig under the surface.

Which is a shame because it is nearly there, if the AI was of any consequance (Its stupidity totaly renders the strategic map useless as one does not need to be remotely strategic) and the battles resembled more MTW than C&C, then this game would be pure class.

ThaSaltCracka
12-15-2004, 12:41 PM
whats the actual name of the game /images/graemlins/grin.gif?
Rome: Total War? or something like that?

The once and future king
12-15-2004, 12:49 PM
Yes Rome Total(y shi.t)War

ThaSaltCracka
12-15-2004, 12:53 PM
ah, ok, I'll be sure not to buy it. How is the phd coming?

daveymck
12-15-2004, 12:53 PM
I played and deleted the demo last week, after playing the Medievil one I wasnt really interested as I didnt really enjoy that game. The demo ran like a dog on my pc even though its a pentuim 4 2.6mhz.

PLaying Battle for Middle earth at the moment which is ok but doesnt seem to have any real strategy in the early levels its a build big army grup them together and get them all over to the enemy base.

ddollevoet
12-15-2004, 02:49 PM
I thought this was going to be a Jim Rome post.

Boris
12-15-2004, 02:52 PM
Dork.