PDA

View Full Version : Week 3 NFL Pix

09-17-2001, 08:33 PM
None. Don't see how anyone could bet on the NFL or NCAA games this week given the current state of world events. I don't believe anyone can say how teams will, or won't perform. Which players will be able to concentrate and get down to the business of playing football may have zero relevance to actual talent disparity between the same two teams under 'normal' circumstances. Further, trying to get a handle on how teams perform coming off an extra week of rest/prep is IMO meaningless as well. Lastly, its quite possible the weekend's games will coincide with our 1st military activity in this war on terrorism, further clouding the issues of which players can block it all out and play to their talent levels. Pass, pass, pass for your's truly.

09-18-2001, 09:20 PM
Although the Denver game is mighty tempting..... how can they fail to beat Arizona by 8 points? Does anyone think this isn't the bet of the week?

natedog

09-18-2001, 11:34 PM
I'm taking Arizona +8 in my pools. Not a pick I'd drop an extra dime on, but I think Arizona is discounted and Denver is now getting extra points after decimating NYG. What you saw Monday was more NYG's lack of cohesion than proof of Denver's superiority.

Besides, Arizona is at home, and I can't help but think that helps after Tuesday's terror.

Mojay

09-19-2001, 03:14 AM
Denver has no challenge to a team that hasn't played all month. However 8 points on the road early on just smells like trouble. Games like this look so easy and yet somehow the teams struggle to cover. Hard to ever say a big road favorite is the play of the week. However the price is justified, Cards are not worthy of any support.

Early on, I am thinking the 49ers plus 7 is the best pick. Rams didn't do much in Philly, turnovers made for most of their scores. Niners D showed they are indeed improved and might benefit from the extra home edge as mentioned. In any case this is a great backdoor team if nothing else and if the Rams are not firing on all cylinders (off week probably hurts more than helps) then its very hard to justify laying a TD against a divisional opponent on the road (grass too).